First AK, recommendations please

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I'm looking for a solid spare rifle which is cheap enough and robust enough to lend out to friends, while still having the capability of being a good rifle, aiming for a stalker style look but if you can show me a better model for a cheaper price, I'd be very happy.

this is the one I'm currently looking at:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-040-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

with 2 150rd and possibly this:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/scope-for-svd-dragunow-a-c-m?from=listing&campaign-id=14

if memory serves, ian did quite a thorough guide on the CM ak lineup, and I believe the linked one is a VFC clone.

basically, what are people's thoughts, and is it fit for purpose as a bashing around rifle.

Drop a new spring in to downgrade and your good to go with pretty much any CYMA AK. I've had mine (CM.028) almost as long as I've been airsofting and have never had any issues despite it being seriously abused as a loaner gun.

If memory serves I think any of the range after and including the 40's are all VFC clones... but I could be wrong.

so that means that it actually has take down pins, and not the ubiquitous TM screws lol.

and it is of a solid build, hopefully to the extent of being able to pummel someone with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.