m14 missfire

iirishwarrior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

By misfiring do you mean the gun cycles but no bb's come out?

Does the firing noise sound different to usual?

With my G&G m14 I wasn't clicking the mags in properly at first, and this was causing failures to feed. Try giving the magazine a firm push up and rock it back and forth to make sure its seated properly.

yes, like in full auto it will fire fire fire, mis mis, fire fire(2 bb's coming out) miss, fire fire etc, ok ill try that, was wondering if the hop might b faulty...

I had the same problem on mine & my son's M4's

I bought 2 delay chips of eBay (my g36 already has it) they sit on the sector gear so it pushes the tappet plate back further and holds the nozzle back that little bit longer

I've had no problems with misfeeds or misfires since installing them

thankyou for your advice, ill update when i sort it :)

Some people would suggest the SHS blue delay chip in plastic but mines slightly oval shape in metal, no signs of damage to the tappet plate as of yet

If its brand new, it may be worth sending back to the seller to have it replaced on warrenty, unless you're competent in working on your own guns and don't mind potentially voiding any warranty if you start tinkering.

My brother's m14 had a similar problem and if i remember rightly, they replaced the hop up unit to sort it.

as im not to competent in attempting to add the delay switch i sent it back today mentioning the delay switch and hop, they are going to fix or replace the m14.

id like to thank you all for posting replies, as im new to airsoft its nice to see that theres a good community of ppl will to help!

thanks again!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.