MAG Mid cap M4 magazines

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The MAG mid cap M4 magazine comes highly recommended in these forums. Its a 120 round M4 mid cap, its all plastic, very light, a grey colour and classic M4 style. it seems to fit in just about most guns, certainly G&G and G&P and other popular low priced guns.

The good

• It feed reliably in the circumstances its designed to work in (I'll get to that) happily at 14 rps. I can't comment about above that ROF.
  • It fits in G&G gen 3 guns as well as in a Tar 21, a G&P M4 and a variety of other random guns on the fields I have played in the last 6 months.
  • They are really cheap, £6 a magazine individually or less in a box of 8.

The Bad

• The are reasonably prone to jamming. In about 6 months I have had 4 magazines jam and require a full strip down out of 8. It seems to be a fault with the followers more than dirt.
  • They don't reliably lift anything above a 0.25g BB for me. I have used 0.28g BBs in them but I can't full auto with it as it will miss 1 round in 5. But at Okto milsim I saw quite a few people at using them and having major major problems with feeding in their guns. Most were using 0.25g BBs or 0.28gs and while my MAG magazines worked flawless in the hot and the cold some guys magazines did not.
  • Initially I couldn't load the magazines above 100 rounds, it was too much of a struggle to push the loader. They wore down a little with use and now all of them will take 120 but its something to be aware of. The spring itself seems to be quite weak so it wears down quite fast to allowing 120 rounds, but then that might also be an issue with longevity as well.

They are widely compatible and cheap magazines. They are usually decent for 0.25g BBs and below, but some people do seem to struggle with feeding in their guns. I have seen too many people have issues with them to say they are great at this point.

I'll have to have a look into my mags to see if I can find the issue for it. .25s used so it shouldn't be too heavy for the mags. Wondering if it was just a compatibility issue or if I got a faulty lot? What were those P-mags you showed me?

Been using these for over a year in my 416 (22rps). Never had any issues.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.