Painting Two-tone

YozoraNoRyuu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently ordered a two-tone sniper rifle and a cheap pistol for a cosplay for London Comic-Con, would I be able to paint the rifle and pistol black for the convention and then remove the paint as I plan to use the sniper rifle when I go to my local airsoft site but with camouflage tape to help camouflage it?

The rules for prop weapons at the convention are that you can have a fully black gun if you have the orange tip found at the end of the barrel of which I would not be painting over. When transporting the rifle and pistol to the convention I have ordered a dedicated rifle bag of which I would use to carry them until I got to the convention grounds.

On a side note is a mask made from FRP (Fibre-reinforced plastic) suitable for airsofting?

Ummm i would say no to an FRP helmet as it may be to thin

As for your other question, sadly I can't give you an answer about the cosplay

But

The bag is fine for transport and the camo tape is fine for your site

If your going as a sniper to the cosplay, why not cover it over with Hessian etc

Ok thanks, I will probably paint it for the cosplay then remove the paint and make a fabric cover (probably hessian like you suggested) for the coloured parts of which can be removed via zip.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.