hop up help

fin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i was target shooting with my g36c and began to mess with the hop up.

so now i cant get it to shoot straght and when i change the hop up it will either shoot too far up or down

can anyone help?

You set the hop up so that it flies straight, personally I find the best way to do that is actually looking down the side or even firing from the hip. It will take some fine adjustments until you find the ideal point. Once you do then you have to zero your sights/scope to where its then shooting. It doesn't matter that your sights are currently off, it matters that its shooting well with good lift and that you can zero it at the effective range (just before they drop).

• Supporters

If you can't change the hopup gradually, then probably the small nub that presses the rubber is too hard. Try a softer one. But first make sure the hopup is clean. Clean the barrel and hopup with rubbing alcohol on the cleaning rod because if there is grease or silicone on the rubber it has the same symptoms you described.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.