Armoured Warfare

TacMaster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New game on the block, it follows in the footsteps of World of Tanks as an arcade-y tank game. This time instead of WWII and early Cold War tanks, the game focuses on mid to late Cold War tanks and modern tanks such as the Challenger 2, Abrams etc.

I've watched some Jingles gameplay of it, it's still in Alpha though so some bugs etc.

There's all sorts of nice features in the game including smoke launchers and laser designators for the AFV class which light up enemy tanks and give your team a damage bonus on them.

At the moment there's a lot of British, US and Russian tanks in the game including some German and French tanks too which I've seen.

Artillery is playable like in WoT however it looks like it will be far more fun, balanced and rewarding to play- I've only seen 2 SPGs so far (British Abbott and Russian Akatsiya) both are 3 round autoloaders with far lower alpha damage and penetration than most WoT SPGs- however the shells are far more accurate and the rate of fire is far better than their WoT counterparts.

Here's some links to Jingles' AW videos so far:

Armored Warfare - We Need Tanks. Lots of Tanks.

Armored Warfare - Third Time's The Charm

So what do you all think? Anyone else looking forward to the release of this?

• Supporters

Good ol Jingles :) I've met him before at Bovington Tank Museum, he is nice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.