Go-Pro RIS mount - where to buy

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know a good UK place to buy a RIS mount for GoPro Hero4?

Google only presents me ebay items shipped from China and only one store called 'Ant Supplies' which I've never heard of and has an offputtingly simple website.

Trying to get one in time for game this sunday or would just go for eBay, borrowing the gopro from a friend as would have bought this at same time if was my camera

• Supporters

Ok Kurtz; go with ant. Their website isn't great, but I've bought from them before; that's where I got my RIS mount for my GoPro. The little silver one. It is decent. It is finicky about what RIS rails it mounts to though; works fine on my M4s and the side of my Mp7, but doesn't fit on the lower rail of my MP7.

Edit: here's a photo. You will need either very small fingers with good grip or some sort of wrench/pliers to tighten it up though.

cool nice one, will do cheers pal!

the rail i'm intending to put it on has already been filed-down a little to make some other fussy attachments fit so hopefully be all good!

thanks again

• Supporters

It likes larger diameter rails; my MP7 bottom rail is about 1mm (or less) thinner than the side rails, but that makes all the difference. Alternatively, throw a few spacers in between and it should be fine if he rail is too small for it to get a grip on; that's how I've mounted my switch to my M4 for my Hutu.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.