Scope mounts

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So having bought the EBR Mod1 I'm looking to do this with it:

EBR.jpg

I have the stock, I've found the grip but I'm having no luck with that scope mount. Anyone got any ideas as to where I might find one? It looks like an offset rail but the plate below it seems to be dovetailed into the mount at the front of the rear sight...

• Supporters

I think its a 'Detachable Cantilevered Scope Mount' :)attachicon.gifcantilever.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4607.jpg i think this image may be the same rifle

HOLY SHITBALLS! They're not cheap!

Having exercised a bit of google-fu it appears that specific mount is made by Sage and costs $200. Plus nobody seems to want to ship to the UK.

Why do I always want the most expensive bits? :(

HOLY SHITBALLS! They're not cheap!

Having exercised a bit of google-fu it appears that specific mount is made by Sage and costs $200. Plus nobody seems to want to ship to the UK.

Why do I always want the most expensive bits? :(

Because us airsofters have expensive taste :P and they make good looking stuff expensive

• Supporters

Because us airsofters have expensive taste :P and they make good looking stuff expensive

Yeah. Bugger that though! I can't justify spending damn near the cost of the gun to mount a £70 scope! :D

I have found a similar setup that I'm going to aim for though:

user14507_pic1400_1291182176%201.jpg

The scope I've found comes with an offset mount but it has rail sections on the scope rings. Not sure I like it but we'll see what it's like before I take the plunge on a LaRue style one like the one above.

Yeah. Bugger that though! I can't justify spending damn near the cost of the gun to mount a £70 scope! :D

I have found a similar setup that I'm going to aim for though:

user14507_pic1400_1291182176%201.jpg

The scope I've found comes with an offset mount but it has rail sections on the scope rings. Not sure I like it but we'll see what it's like before I take the plunge on a LaRue style one like the one above.

You could always grind the rails off

I had to do that on my G36 slightly to fit my flip up sight

• Supporters

You could always grind the rails off

I had to do that on my G36 slightly to fit my flip up sight

To be fair it's a case of buy a scope without mount for £75 or buy almost the exact same scope WITH a mount for £80. Bit of a no brainer really. If the mount's crap I'll junk it and get the LaRue stylee one.

To be fair it's a case of buy a scope without mount for £75 or buy almost the exact same scope WITH a mount for £80. Bit of a no brainer really. If the mount's crap I'll junk it and get the LaRue stylee one.

Haha good point loz :)

• Supporters

Developments are afoot! Found a site that sels that mount and have it reduced to $99 at the minute! Just need to find someone to ship it to me now. They won't ship internationally :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.