What would work out cheaper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Buy a sniper even a modest priced one will be better overall

a pistol is a pistol

a sniper is - well a sniper

& a G36c is - well you get the picture

not saying you can't turn G36c into a DMR though usually the longer barrel models

heck you can I suppose fit a 455/510 barrel onto a mp5k I guess

Even if you did convert it to a DMR "some" sites get a bit picky as to what they will allow

nope that is just a long M4 and not a proper DMR - they could say

but it is locked to semi and longer barrel & higher fps - it is a DMR ain't it ????

don't care it is just a long barrel M4 and not a proper DMR

(yup some sites can be a little picky or uptight on "DMR's" I have heard)

Also - you could convert it all good & proper, then find out it is too boring waiting around back at MED

then wish you still had your G36c to get stuck in up the front

your gun is good all rounder except maybe on the longer range battles.....

So keep it as is, then get a reasonable modest bolt action sniper to do what it is supposed to do

well that is my take on it but many people think their next upgrade path will be either DMR or insane ROF

where as most will use say a couple of guns for different situations

horses for courses as they say.

You could get a longer G36 or SL8 and have the benefit of interchangeable parts and magazines.

300x184_product_media_1838_(3).JPG

No-one is going to tell you that this isn't a DMR.

• Supporters

Probably would have to lock it to semi though

I was a bit surprised to find a SVD AEG I bought still had auto, I mean a great big long mofo like that for sniping but still had auto on it firing at 430.

Not a massive biggy with a burst wizard fitted and set to single shot on auto.

As post was about price I think he might wanna just look at a cheapish basic sniper first to test the water and decide if marksmanship is really for him

• Supporters

taken from another of my War & Peace or Gone with the Wind epic piles of crap novels.....

btw if you wanna snipe on a tight budget:

http://www.onlybbgun...on#.VRpVm47p8i4
(blimey this was £64 now under £60)
http://www.onlybbgun...gas-pistol.html
(fps is not 220 is more like 320)

use code RC10 for 10% discount and you could get your feet wet with a basic svd & gg pistol for well under £100

(svd for £54 del & pistol for £27 if code still works = £81 add some gas & still got change out of £100)

- haven't tried it in a few months but it used to work ok

don't think of buying much else on this site - a lot is still pants but is perhaps one of the better "BB" sites out there

just now n then they do some half decent cheap stuff without having to order from overseas

• Supporters

true but that is 100 Euro plus shipping and if they have ukara.......

that takes it to say £82+ which you could say would get you the svd + pistol in UK

though same pistol is about £13 on TWG - crazy prices

SVD isn't that bad and uses normal aeg springs - just a bitch to cock with small handle

but still a cheap way to test the sniping water - which isn't for everybody

but RC10 code still works to get 10% off at OBBG with free ship on £50+ orders

I don't highly recommend these BB sites but OBBG is perhaps one of the best of them imho

though like I said still a lot of stuff is low end - a few bits are worth considering if price is good

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.