WE luger leaky mag

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just picked up a lovely example of a WE Luger and the first few mags seemed ok but then trying it the following day the mag leaked.

I placed my thumb over the fill valve and the hiss changed tone.

I tried a new o ring, ptfe tape on the threads and used gas seal compound and it still leaked so it seems like another seal is missing or failed

1) try abbey maintenance gas. I empty my mags then put a bit of this in (as advised by a highly reputable source) and it does a bloody good job

2) Empty the mag then add a drop of sili oil to each valve. Press the knocker a few times to work it through (if the release valve was leaking) and refill (with maintenance gas) leave the leaky seal on top so the oil is pulled down through the seal then store the mag with the leaky valve on the bottom (unless youre using ABBEY maintenance gas) as silicone is not gaseous and will settle to the bottom of the chamber, and the newly dried propane in the top will draw lubricant from the seals on top.

Ah well that didn't work although it did stop it for a little while, research shows the fixing pin works loose over time causing a leak to start around that area, looks like a silicone sealant job!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.