G2010 (F2000) fire selector problem

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having issues with my F2000 at the moment, last time I used it semi didn't work at all, but auto was fine.

Only problem I could see without opening up the gearbox was that the contacts were a bit manky. Gave them a clean and it's now firing fully automatic whilst in semi.

I cannot for the life of me work out how this trigger mechanism works and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me.

post-8799-0-03602100-1419866587_thumb.jpg

So here's a picture of the gearbox, trigger pushes a rod which then pushes the two contacts at the top together. On semi the trigger isnt pushed as far so it only puts the two contacts behind the cutoff lever together. On full auto it pulls further which causes the bottom set of contacts to break.

Now the wiring is done in such a way that I cant see how these two sets of contacts make any difference at all. I've also got no idea how the cutoff lever works as there's nothing which moves it.

post-8799-0-11725600-1419867191_thumb.jpg

As an extra if anyone knows of a cheap and extremely simple mosfet which has no function other then to save the trigger contacts, that'd be awesome.

Might swap in a different motor as well, one in there is pretty 'meh'.

Firing full auto on semi could be a bad component in the box itself (cut-off lever), or just a bad component on the outside of the box.

Without being familiar with the gun or holding it to troubleshoot, its impossible to say for certain

I've taken the cutoff leaver off several times and cant see anything wrong with it, but I also cant understand how the damn thing works.

So it sits in front of the semi-auto contacts and can pivot up and down. But why can it pivot and why is there nothing which actually moves it?

All that happens if I pull it down and pull the 'trigger' block is that the semi-auto contacts don't break.

Canne get me head around it, this trigger mechanism makes no sense to me.

Im not familiar with the specific gearbox, but usually the cut-off lever is pushed up by the sector gear, cutting the circuit until the trigger is depressed again. The fault could therefore be anywhere between the sector gear and the trigger contacts.

Hope it helps

I think it is a common problem on the F2000 - I have the Hunter variant and I have the same problem, in as much as doesn't like firing on semi.

The trigger for full auto is a two stage trigger - half pull for semi and full pull for auto, which adds further complication.

Mine went off for repair when I first got it for the semi-auto problem, and when it came back it was OK for a short while then the problem returned.

Might not help you much, but thought it may be relevant.

Im not familiar with the specific gearbox, but usually the cut-off lever is pushed up by the sector gear, cutting the circuit until the trigger is depressed again. The fault could therefore be anywhere between the sector gear and the trigger contacts.

Hope it helps

Sounds like they've done something really weird with this one then, doesn't seem like it works in quite the same way..

I'll open it up and have a look inside the gearbox, maybe there is something up with the sector as I can't find anything wrong with the contacts.

It's working again, not sure why though.

Stripped down the trigger mechanism to see if anything was broken or misplaced, couldn't find anything wrong but gave it a clean + re-grease.

Put it back together, semi now works fine. Nothing's changed in the way it's working, I don't understand at all.

Even weirder is that the cutoff lever still does not move, it can move if you do it manually, but nothing mechanically shifts it. Yet it still works.

Watched a video of someone elses gearbox cycling and the lever moved up and down as you'd expect.

HUGHHHHHH, MA BRAINS.

Sounds like you have a phantom selector... Glad you got it working again, like most gun issues, some simple tlc often does a world of good

• 1 month later...

ok what the problem is is that the f2000 gearbox moves slightly backwards in the gun after a while this means that the trigger rod does not connect with the semi trigger properly away of potentially fixing this is by perhaps shimming the gearbox to make sure it does not move back

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.