Marui MP7 leaking mags

cavninja

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks, I've got a problem with my son's TM MP7, six out of his ten mags have developed leaks from the inlet valves. I've tried spraying silicone oil in to every orifice, I've tried removing,cleaning and re-greasing the inlet valve, I've even tried PTFE tape, but still leaking.

Also I can't figure out how to strip the mags, there appears to be no simple way to do so and my usual tutor, YouTube, has failed me, can't find anything specific to the TM mags.

It was bought second hand and all the mags functioned when bought, its only been skirmished once and the mags have been stored with gas in them.

Please help??!!

From memory the tm mags have 2 pins that hold the base of the mag in place, there are 2 square o-rings on the base plate (which holds the inlet valve) which dry out and need to be replaced, you can sometimes get away with removing them and covering them in liquid ptfe which can be bought in a small bottle from screw fix but this isn't really a permanent solution

Cheer Spatch, I'll give it a go!

• Supporters

A couple of mine have sprung leaks from the bottom o-ring, fixed it with silicone gasket maker, just have to remember to use SHITLOADS of it and make sure you don't leave any gaps. Dry it out for 24 hours in the airing cupboard with a bb wedged onto the release valve with electrical tape (for ventilation) and they should be good as new :-)

Cheers JC, i'll have a look at that too!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so having figured out how to strip the mags. checked the O rings and done the leak test in water, the 6 leaking mags all appear to be leaking from the filler nozzle. The O rings are all good, no damage or leaks. I found this great web site for spares and expanded diagrams http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/

I ordered new valves and tried fitting, still no joy!

I'm stumped!

I've also got an M4 STANAG type GBB mag that has developed a leak from the exit port, I was told by a tech in a shop that it was my exit nozzle and bought a new one, fitted it and yup! Still leaking!

Any info or advice gratefully guys, thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.