cybergun Thompson hi-caps???

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm working on something a little different at the moment and need your advise.

I have picked up a plastic bodied Cybergun Thompson M1A1 for next to nothing and I am thinking of converting it into a Pulse Rifle from the film Aliens. The gun only comes with a 40 round mag at the moment and I wondered if anyone knew of a higher capacity magazine for the plastic bodied

Thompson?

Gun in question; http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Thompson_M1A1_Airsoft_Submachine_Gun_Clear_Wood/2383 cheap and nasty but quite good fun haha

Cheers

Obviously the Cybergun Thompson drum mag is out, since it would be too wide for the M41's body, which is a shame because that can hold over 1,000 rounds., So, there's a 420 round mag for the King Arms airsoft Thompson, which I guess would be about 25 quid or so. Dunno whether it would fit the Cybergun Thompson though, although I'm guessing it would. But.... even if it did, that would not be the main problem. As you probably know, the 'real' M41A pulse rifles made for the movie were built from genuine Auto Ordnance Thompson SMGs, and it's for that reason that the existing Snow Wolf Airsoft version of the M41A Pulse Rifle was based on an airsoft Thompson layout, which means you can fit airsoft Thompson magazines into the Snow Wolf M41A, but they stick out the bottom and don't allow you to replace the bottom cover on the weapon. I'm assuming that if you made your own M41A to the correct movie-faithful dimensions, you would also have the same issue.

In any case, you really ought to nuke the planet from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

P.S. That Cybergun Thompson may be cheap, but it's actually not terrible. I've got two airsoft Thompsons, both of them are drum mag versions, one is CYMA version and the other is a Cybergun one like yours, but with the drum mag as opposed to the stick mag. I think it's quite a fun thing to have on the wall (which is precisely where mine are, because I wanted both the 'Chicago' type with the fore grip and the military versions with the simpler furniture). Obviously the Cybergun one isn't massively robust and is an LPEG, but there are certainly worse things out there, and I bet you could get away with skirmishing it as long as you didn't fire it on full auto for too long. The CYMA one has proper Asuto Ordnance 1927 trademarks on it though, so it's a very cool wall hanger.

Does anyone know where you can but the Cybergun Thompson drum mag separately? As i too bought one of these Thompsons for a laugh, i took to The Mall when some friends organised a private hire night and it performed well against their hire guns but i to also only had 1 40 round mag.

Just wondered if this would work with the cheaper cybergun thompson. I suspect I'd have problems

http://www.uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_King_Arms_AEG_King_Arms_420rd_Magazine_for_King_Arms_Thompson_Series_Black.htm

I have the Snow Wolf M1A1 and use CYMA hicaps which hold around 250-300 rounds, and i believe are King Arms compatible so should also work with cybergun.

I'm not sure where to source them in the UK, but i got mine from gunfire.pl for just under £10 each, plus delivery.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.