What wire? For rewiring an ICS L85

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I know how to solder and I'm planning on simply replacing the wiring in my ICS L85 after I damaged my motor connectors the last time I was taking the gearbox apart. While I am at it I'm planning on replacing the Large Tamiya battery connectors with deans. I may include a mosfet but that's still up in the air at the moment.

I'm in need of some advice, because I don't know about the gauges of wire and which ones to use.

Could someone point me in the direction of the correct wire gauge, a link to a quality wire if there is differences would also be helpful. Would I be able to use one gauge throughout or different ones depending on where in the AEG they are?

About the gun, I run 8.6 and 9.8 V NiMH batteries currently but I might switch to LiPo's in the future, I'm not after high speed setup or high torque, it's simply my Primary AEG so set to run sweetly at 350fps.

• Supporters

I use Maplin 15A power cable - the insulation is tougher than the flexible silicone wire people tend to recommend, it has the same cross section of conductor, and it's cheaper.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.