Marui AK47 BUILD

ashley bramley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've got a Marui AK47 completely stock. Having Skirmished the gun this weekend i have decided it needs more poke and a bit more Range.

Im currently in 2 minds as to get a complete Gearbox for the gun or whether to build up my own from its current Gearbox. What i would like is peoples input as I'm still in 2 mind what to do.

Regards what i want is 330-340 fps. And up to 22 rps Please feel free to give your input.

• Supporters

Stick with the Marui gearbox. M100 or M105 spring and a tight bore barrel and see where that gets you to. Then if you feel inclined, SHS high speed gear set.

All up should be less than a whole new gearbox unless you buy one that is actually not as good as the TM original.

• Supporters

If you can hang on a while until I get home, which due to unforeseen circumstances will now not be until thursday week, I'm going to put an Element M105 spring into Tatiana my AK-47S w/ stock TM internals, so I'll be able to tell you exactly what's what. I suspect however that the TM motor will pull an M100 Spring just fine, but I spose it depends on what you mean by "zippy".

In the fullness of medium term time the plan is:

Modify Hybrid 6.03x455mm TBB

RA-Tech Hop Up Stability (Cushion) General Type (nub)

Prometheus Purple Soft Rubber

Element ali nozzle

Matrix double O-ring ali piston head

ICS 14 steel tooth ali piston

SHS stainless steel Type 3 cylinder

SHS stainless steel spring guide

SHS 16:1 Gears

ICS Turbo 3000 motor

Gate Electronics PicoAB MOSFET

Modify silver plated low resistance wire

9.9V LiFe (depending on finding one the right shape)

The TBB will push FPS up to around 370-5 with a 105 spring, so I will probably drop to an Element M95 to squeak in at 345-50, but maybe a 100. I will soon have access to Lonex parts at favourable prices though, so I may go with some of their stuff, depending on how good it turns out to be.

In the fullness of longterm time my plan is to use BTC Chimera MOSFET's* and Turnigy Nano-Tech 11.1V LiPo's in all my guns, for the fastest trigger response available (pre-cocked) and the ability to program the ROF down to a sensible cycle speed for use with midcaps, such as 16rps.

*but at £90 a pop, this will take some time to come to fruition, especially since there is at least 1 gun ahead of Tatiana in the queue, and I may sell the gun before then.

Archived