m92 inner barrel? reccomendations?

remus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

planning to add a compensator(this onehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190878811873?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)%C2'> to the front of my m92 and extend the barrel into it. anyone have any recommendation on barrel length make etc?

• Supporters

Which one, matey?

Sounds like a bloody good idea and a good way to get more FPS out of it on green gas. If it replicates the RS Combat kit for target sports then it'll look cool too :) How long is the original barrel? How long is the outer barrel into the compensator? Have a look on X-Fire for a PDI 6.01mm of the right length - it wont cost the earth for a short one. I'm very happy with the one I bought for my Scorpion - the range I'm getting out of it is impressive - easily 40m with very good accuracy, up to 10m more with barrel elevation before the accuracy gets too bad to be worth it for anything other than suppressive fire.

• Supporters

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that. I mean it doesn't come with an extended outer barrel and i'm not certain you can use one anyway because it looks like it is intended to move on the guide rod with the slide, unlike the usual idea where the compensator is locked to the frame and the slide moves as normal, and that threaded end looks too tight for an extended barrel to fit through. But then the 'arms' look like they're supposed to lock on to the frame, so i dunno...

mb_hm9c_01_03.jpg

Call me old fashioned but I think the 92FS Combat is the sine qua non of extended pistols, even better than the KP.45 Match.

_MG_0825.jpg

yea im not overly sure either hence why i ask but at the money im not loosing out a lot if it dosent work but from a vid or 2 i looked at it seems it should. considering the only part i dont hve 2 of is a top slide i thought i may as well try to improve it and as long as i dont wreck that its worth a shot. couldnt post a link to the site you reccomend for barrels? ill not order till it comes but i like to be prepared...

• Supporters

It would be great if there was an extended barrel with thread that screws exactly into that compensator from the rear (ooh er missus) and the loose guide rod is just for lolz. Anyhoo, x-fire home of PDI goodness. UTJ was saying they were having a free shipping event, but I don't know for how long / on what and there's nothing on the front page of the webby.

• Supporters

Yeah, 1500 Yen for shipping (£8.90) - i'm pretty sure it's a flat rate for small-ish things, but you will get hit by customs just like from the USA iirc.

I'd recommend the PDi Raven 6.01 Barrels,they are cheaper than the SUS304 ones as they are made out of carbon steel and have a slightly looser tolerance,but performance on them is fantastic. Some of them outperformed the SUS304s!

M92f cut is on this page.

http://www.x-fire.org/etop/01+.html

They also have a new custom length service.

http://www.x-fire.org/order/barrel/e.barrel_order.html

M92F barrel window is in Hicapa cut I believe,I installed a VSR 10/Hicapa type PDi W hold on mine not long ago and it works well. I'd disassemble the hop,which is a super easy job on the KJ M9s, and check to be sure.

have to say that site annoys my head trying to read it... any english sites that do a decent selection of barrels?

compensator has arrived and it fists but is loose and rattles, but i think i can fix that via elastic bands o rings

still narrowing down the barrels. according to this video

the barrel im looking for is Angel Custom 6.01 155mm GBB inner barrel so hopefully i can track one down. though its strange that the compensator is so readily available and yet longer barrels arnt...

Angel custom barrels are not very good. I've seen reviews and pictures of jittering in machine work and overall inconstancy in quality. A good bore is crucial to performance.

I'd rate PDi and Laylax as the best options,PDi even have the custom length service and everything. But it's a shame Xfire is so painful to navigate if you're not used to it.

• 3 weeks later...

havent gotten anyfuther into looking at barrels: but for anyone inteested heres what the compensator looks like fitted...

DSCN0849_zpsd6999d20.jpg

DSCN0850_zps3b5cd80e.jpg

DSCN0851_zpsf86ca2ff.jpg

Archived