Retailers - Lack of understanding, over-cautious or maybe even cynical?

Supa_T
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i thought it was funny when you said about owning a car that you have to sign up to a database.

you do! its called the DVLA. you have to sign up to them to get a license and then you have to put your details on a form for the car and send it off.

paying money for the car doesnt mean you own it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Saw this discussion and it's really interesting, being a lapsed airsofter myself. I still have most of my kit as VCR came in a little after I went on my 2 year shopping spree, but stopped me from selling on most of my old stuff. Since then, I've chatted with some other lapsed airsofters who have pretty much the same complaint. I respect Tim Wyborn very much for taking his time out to represent airsoft at the time VCR was being discussed, and getting an agreement to a defence written in. However, the regime that is running seems to be more reductive than expansive, which is precisely what VCR was trying to socially engineer. When exactly do you officially 'cease' to be an airsofter? And why should you be subject to someone telling you that that part of your life is now irrelevant since you are not on a database?

However, from the retailing angle, I can see the issues when you are not conducting a face-to-face transaction, since all kinds of red flags come up from distance selling rules to rules about verifying the identity of the buyer. I think being a member of any airsofting organisation should be sufficient to show credentials, and face-to-face transactions should be made easier

Saw this discussion and it's really interesting, being a lapsed airsofter myself. I still have most of my kit as VCR came in a little after I went on my 2 year shopping spree, but stopped me from selling on most of my old stuff. Since then, I've chatted with some other lapsed airsofters who have pretty much the same complaint. I respect Tim Wyborn very much for taking his time out to represent airsoft at the time VCR was being discussed, and getting an agreement to a defence written in. However, the regime that is running seems to be more reductive than expansive, which is precisely what VCR was trying to socially engineer. When exactly do you officially 'cease' to be an airsofter? And why should you be subject to someone telling you that that part of your life is now irrelevant since you are not on a database?

However, from the retailing angle, I can see the issues when you are not conducting a face-to-face transaction, since all kinds of red flags come up from distance selling rules to rules about verifying the identity of the buyer. I think being a member of any airsofting organisation should be sufficient to show credentials, and face-to-face transactions should be made easier

1. UKARA is not a legal requirement mate, only one of many defences. Plenty of players are not on the database.

2. It is, If your a member of a site with TPLI then you can buy RIF's till your hearts content

so you know every law out there?? i would say 100% of people dont know every law and that includes lawyers and judges. its why they invented places to find laws like books and the internet to share information.

so you know every law out there?? i would say 100% of people dont know every law and that includes lawyers and judges. its why they invented places to find laws like books and the internet to share information.

Yes, I know every law out there, just like I said in the post I made... Oh wait, that's nothing like what I said.

Do I know about laws to do with shark hunting? No, I don't hunt sharks.

Do I know about laws to do with flying helicopters? No, I don't fly helicopters.

Do I know about laws to do with driving cars? Yes, I drive car. It's just good sense to know the laws that might affect something you're involved in.

Do I know about laws to do with airsoft? Yes, I play airsoft. It's just good sense to know the laws that might affect something you're involved in (especially if you go around telling other people what the laws are).

Archived