tm glock 17 slide lock?

CES_williamson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys i recently got a tm glock 17 and it has been working ok untill now, it sometimes locked the slide back too far and it was not due to the slide release i would push the slide down and it would release but now it is locked back and i cant get it forward there is no mag in and the mag release is down i dont see the problem? anyone got any ideas on how to release the slide?

• Root Admin

So let me get this straight (as your typing is a bit tricky to understand):

• There is no magazine and no BB chambered
  • The slide lock is down
  • You've pulled the slide back, let it go, and it's just stuck back
  • The same thing happens when you have an empty magazine (with gas in of course); you shoot it and it locks out but the slide-lock is down

Yeh?

So let me get this straight (as your typing is a bit tricky to understand):

• There is no magazine and no BB chambered
  • The slide lock is down
  • You've pulled the slide back, let it go, and it's just stuck back
  • The same thing happens when you have an empty magazine (with gas in of course); you shoot it and it locks out but the slide-lock is down

Yeh?

everything right apart from the last it is when i rack the slide to put a new mag in or chamber a bb it gets stuck, i had to pry the slide away from the frame and sort it out it seemed as if the firing mechanism had gone off whilst the slide was back and so locked the slide back there is a problem with the gun i need to take it to a tech .

• Root Admin

Again, your English is quite hard to follow; perhaps try adding punctuation? :S

But I think I'm right in saying this only happens with a new magazine, yes? If so, make sure your magazine isn't sitting too high. Have you installed a new magazine catch or new lip seals to your magazines? Have you tried with with any different magazines and got the same result? Have you installed any upgrade and/or disassembled the gun recently?

Otherwise, the only think I can advise is a thorough greasing. The TM Glocks in particular have these tricky lips underneath the slide which you need to lubricate well for the gun to function properly.

Archived