Gearbox hell, PLEASE HELP

NickM
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok so my ICS L85 was chewing its way through the piston and making some awful grinding noises, so I decided to replace the piston. The problem appeared to be the angle of engagement which meant the first two teeth on the gear were cutting through the piston.

So while I was at it I decided that I might as well fit a sorbo pad to fix the angle of engagement. That's done, the angle of the gear engages the first tooth of the piston just beyond vertical. Without the spring I can rotate all of the gears fine and the piston travels properly. BUT...

With the spring fitted the gears turn to pull the piston backwards but it sticks about 3/4 of the way. The gears lock up and the motor tries to turn over but cant.

So does anyone have any ideas?

• Supporters

This is with the whole GB outside of gun so there is nothing outside of the GB that could be affecting the piston.

• Supporters

Problem solved, just cant have semi auto now.

• Supporters

HAHA I have no idea spoon, I've taken it apart and put it back together almost exactly the same for the last day, so probably 2 or 3 times an hour for 5 hours I guess. I think the last thing I did was re-shim all the gears making me think that perhaps the GB wasn't closed together properly which lead to the piston coming out of the tracks it runs in. The last time I did it worked like a charm so I'm not touching it again until after GZ, fingers crossed its within the FPS limits now!

Cheers

Archived