Gun Confusion

Maff-7777
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, I might be opening a can of worms here but I'm a little confused. I'm looking to get a AUG A3 and I've found two companies that produce it; ASG and JG. Now, people are saying that JG make ASGs gun, so in effect they are the same AUG A3.

However, I've been looking on several sites (for reviews, specs, etc) and the JG version looks like this... (see attached). You can see that the front is tapered and the front sling loop is in a fixed position.

Now the ASG version looks like this... (see attached). You can see the front is more blunt and there are holes under the top rail to change the sling loops position. So clearly they are not the same gun (externaly at least) – so maybe the internal are different? Apprently the JG version as a mosfet in it, when the ASG doesn't. Also the ASG is licenced so it says 'Steyr' on it.

Simple so far? Well some sites list the AUG A3 as mage by JG, then show the ASG image, whist some the other way round. Some are selling AUG A4s that look just like the ASG A3 only without the vertical grip.

The ASG site has there AUG A3 on it (no A4s) but I can't find a web site for JG to help clear this up.

Does anyone know the answers? What is the difference between the JG and ASG AUG A3s? What's the difference between the A3 an A4? Which one is best to get? And how did One Direction get so popular?

m.

post-7570-0-28470800-1377072602_thumb.gif

post-7570-0-60420200-1377072647_thumb.gif

ASG seem to offer two AUG models in their range; the Sportline and Discoveryline.

I believe they are both JG as they have terminated their agreement with Classic Army.

You could try emailing ASG for clarification or just phone one of the dealers ?

Do let us know.

As far as I can see ASG make three models of the AUG. An A1, an A2 and an A3 - however its only the A3 I'm after as it has built in rails.

Really I'd need to contact JG to clear this up, but they don't even have a web site.

I think the above info is correct - they are manufactured by JG and rebadged by ASG.

I had a JG A3 a few years ago and it was the one on the bottom right in your post. It looked and performed well, but that solid RIS was like carrying around a breeze block strapped to the front it was so heavy.

My best guess is that they redesigned the front RIS to make it look better and also be a lot lighter. So the gun on the left is actually a newer version, but still manufactured by JG. The internals are probably identical.

Hi hibernator,

Just to clarify the gun with the blunt front ( the images ate stacked, not left/right when I view them) is the newer,lighter version?

I think that JG are selling that newer version themselves as the AUG A4. It looks the same as the ASG A3 version but without the styre branding and vertical grip.

Hi hibernator,

Just to clarify the gun with the blunt front ( the images ate stacked, not left/right when I view them) is the newer,lighter version?

I think that JG are selling that newer version themselves as the AUG A4. It looks the same as the ASG A3 version but without the styre branding and vertical grip.

LOL - must be Firefox, I have them side by side!

Yes - the blunt one you have called asg.gif is the newer one and I assume a lot lighter because of the holes in the rail rather than the solid lump of the older one!

Okay, well now I've got to find out what brand of midcaps work well. ASG/JG only seem to do highcaps.

Archived