Magpul PTS' full product line to be discontinued.

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'd say that the blame would be best landed on the senseless US gun community.

Not a bad political philosophy.

I'm fairly sure the Russians kinda ruined communism as well.. and generally communism itself :)

Well, let's be fair here. We don't actually know what communism would look like in a modern society, because all we've seen has been rolling dictatorships or oligarchies masquerading as communism.

• Supporters

But that's because true communism is impossible purely down to the nature of humanity.

No one's content with being equal, everyone wants to be better. Greed conquers all, and all that jazz.

• Supporters

People have all sorts of natural instincts which are sublimated to the needs of living within society. Take sex drive for eg: is there a more powerful motivator? Yet we do not leap on each other the moment we first have the urge. For sure many of the methods which have been employed to control our instincts are the causes of horrendous problems, the most obvious of which being shame and religion (or Catholicism which is both), but education appears to do an adequate job...

Of course we do already begin the same process with regards to greed and/or one-up-man-ship, starting at 'the terrible twos' when we learn that simply taking things to hoard and yelling "Mine! Mine!" at the tops of our lungs is not acceptable behaviour. Obviously this is a lesson which never really takes with some people and could well lead to bouts of further and higher re-education in prison, unless they are rich already, in which case they can look forward to plaudits, the queen's birthday honours list, and finally becoming so bored with possession per se that they have to resort to trying coffee made from beans force fed to and then vomited by South East Asian weasels in the desperate hope of rekindling a spark of interest in something new...

Not that I'm in favour of communism per se, but when it comes to political philosophies, the consequences of misinformation are so important that I feel it's best to be precise.

Archived