Marui M4 feeding problem

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I have an old TM M4a1 recentlu acquired from a buddy. The guns had light use then sat in its box for years. If I use the hi-cap mag that came with it, fully wound, it feeds reliably. Once it winds down a little it starts to mis feed. Also I bought some mid caps and they all mis feed after about 3 or 4 rounds.

Does the gun just need cleaning or is it likely to be something more serious?

I'd give it a good clean and lubrication first. If the problem persists after that then the issue lies deeper.

• Supporters

Took it to the local airsoft shop (socom tactical in Fleet) adn when they took it apart (in front of me) it was very apparent the nozzle was shagged and the cylinder wasn't returning properly. It's now in their tender mercies for fixing.

• Supporters

So I had a call from the shop tech to say "there's nothing wrong with the gun, it fires fine". When I asked him what mag he used he said that it was a Lonex hi-cap. When I dropped the gun off I told them that it worked fine with a fully wound hi-cap but stopped with the mid caps I had bought from them. So anyway, went to pick it up, tried a couple of different mags and basically it seems the mags I'd bought from them were utter shite (Action 120rd midcaps by the way) so they've agreed to give me a refund. Bought a box of Dytac Invaders instead which seem to be fine.

They fitted a NanoAB mosfet while they had the gun apart so that's nice. Just needs a bit of combat proving now! :)

Archived