G&G TR16 R4 Commando

Farley1981
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I have the G&G TR16 R4 Commando i've had this since xmas present from the misses :) i've been using it every time i go.

i was thinking of doing some upgrades to it. G&G say they have fitted a Tight bore, better motor, spring, gears and so on. If this is indeed true i wouldn't need to touch any of that stuff so my question is this. If i were to add deans connectors and start using a lipo battery would i have to update the motor and gears? and does anyone have a video on how to do such a job?

Also when i was using it on Sunday my blow back stopped working the metal plate that covers the hop adjuster doesn't slide back and forth anymore could this be a simple pin come dislodged?

Thank you

Rob

• Supporters

No Rob, you don't need to upgrade a G&G motor or gears to use a LiPo. If you're going to the trouble of swapping to Deans connectors, you might think it a good time to upgrade your wiring to some low resistance stuff. Possibly think about adding a MOSFET too.

Dunno about your blowback - never had one.

Archived