Ex paintballer that seen the light

beermonsta
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There are 2 types of mesh: woven wire and perforated sheet. Perforated sheet comes in 2 broad categories also: wide circular holes with substantial dividers between and small circular holes through much finer sheet.

Woven wire makes for the least visual interference: it just disappears from your view after a short while wearing it. Unfortunately the standard woven mesh in goggles is not impervious to damage, although it does not give way to anything you could be hit with in one go, it's just that the wires do deform so over time there must become a steadily increasing risk that one could fail. The mesh in full face masks, like fencing masks with camo paint and cloth patches, is much more solid however it does create the slightest shadows over your visual field.

Listen to this guy; he sure as hell is the bee's knees where all things mesh and face protection are concerned! :D

I've been airsofting 15 months - I've personally seen 1 tooth snapped off clean at the gum and 2 have not insignificant corners taken off. I have a permanent BB scar on that soft skin where cheek joins eye socket. Hits to the cheek sting, but they don't usually scar. Hitsdirectly to the teeth often break them.

There are 2 types of mesh: woven wire and perforated sheet. Perforated sheet comes in 2 broad categories also: wide circular holes with substantial dividers between and small circular holes through much finer sheet.

Woven wire makes for the least visual interference: it just disappears from your view after a short while wearing it. Unfortunately the standard woven mesh in goggles is not impervious to damage, although it does not give way to anything you could be hit with in one go, it's just that the wires do deform so over time there must become a steadily increasing risk that one could fail. The mesh in full face masks, like fencing masks with camo paint and cloth patches, is much more solid however it does create the slightest shadows over your visual field.

Listen to this guy; he sure as hell is the bee's knees where all things mesh and face protection are concerned! :D

• Supporters

Well, thanks Kieran, but I didn't write the rest of the post for the good of my health :P

Well, thanks Kieran, but I didn't write the rest of the post for the good of my health :P

Haha Ian, i thought that too, then i thought- 'its quite a long quote for a 1 line sentence reply...' lol :P

Also, my Herosharks should be arriving tomorrow :DDD

• Supporters

Yes, but such a good line that we clearly needed to read it twice :lol:

I intend to be @Skirmish on the 22nd, so hopefully I can get a look through them, if you're there.

Haha :P Er don't think I will be down this month :( Ill be there at least one weekend in July though :) Possibly the 7th, but not sure yet. Ill let you know though :)

Archived