Tokyo Marui L96 upgrade help

godfather
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All. I am going to make this short and sweet.

Current parts I will get installed for my TM l96 are -

Laylax PSSL96 Zero Trigger Cylinder set

Laylax PSSL96 Spring Guide

Laylax PSSL96 High Pressure Piston

L96 Steel Cylinder Head from airsoftsniperparts.com

M150 Spring from airsoftsniperparts.com

I want 500FPS with 0.2g bbs, they will probably drop with 0.3 or 0.4g bbs.

I am sending it in to be upgraded at airsoftsniperparts, however the owner informed me that m150 spring will only give ~450fps.

Can someone please send me a link for a spring that will fit the parts and give me 500FPS?

side questions: do I need any other upgrades for it to lift the heavier bbs?

what else can I get to get it to shoot more accurately?

thanks so much!

You don't need super high FPS for a sniper rifle.

450 FPS is perfectly fine. Run the gun with .36g BBs for accuracy,range and consistency.

For accuracy and range Upgrades,their is R hop. I don't know if Dazz does R hop. It boils down to using a patch instead of a bucking inside your hop up rubber.

First the bucking inside the rubber is filed down. Then the patch is glued to the hop window. This extends contact with the BB for more consistent spin and range. that's just the bare,bare basics. there are a lot of factors.

Another is the 'top dead center mod'. This changes the hop adjustment system on your rifle. Most adjuster adjust from the side,like the VSR. I don;t know where the L96 hop is located,so I don't know if it's necessary. If it's not at the top,the TDC mod will increase accuracy.

It removed the adjuster system and allows you to directly adjust a screw onto the hop lever/nub/whatever.

Check out AirsoftSniper forums threads for more advice.

You don't need super high FPS for a sniper rifle.

450 FPS is perfectly fine. Run the gun with .36g BBs for accuracy,range and consistency.

For accuracy and range Upgrades,their is R hop. I don't know if Dazz does R hop. It boils down to using a patch instead of a bucking inside your hop up rubber.

First the bucking inside the rubber is filed down. Then the patch is glued to the hop window. This extends contact with the BB for more consistent spin and range. that's just the bare,bare basics. there are a lot of factors.

Another is the 'top dead center mod'. This changes the hop adjustment system on your rifle. Most adjuster adjust from the side,like the VSR. I don;t know where the L96 hop is located,so I don't know if it's necessary. If it's not at the top,the TDC mod will increase accuracy.

It removed the adjuster system and allows you to directly adjust a screw onto the hop lever/nub/whatever.

Check out AirsoftSniper forums threads for more advice.

thanks but I really would like the extra FPS because there is a 30 meters no shoot zone for snipers. so the extra FPS will cover the distance I will loose in between. The hop adjustment is 'finger accessable', which means I can twist and adjust on the field there and then as it is very accessable.

I am really looking for a 500 FPS spring...

That 50 FPS does fuck all.The fps (past a certain point, about 300fps) won't do anything besides get the bb to the target faster. People think more fps means more momentum, but you run out of backspin much faster than you run out of momentum.

If you really want that high of an FPS,Do a few Air Seal mods on your cylinder and hop rubber and you will get that without needing a stronger spring,which means less stress on internals.

If you REALLY want range and accuracy,Have the Gun R hopped. Use Google fu and AirsoftSniperForum for more info on R hop.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/6422-r-hop-database.html

i had the tm l96 and if you can find one get a metal loading ramp nozzle as the original wont hold out for long

any possible web link on where I can find one?

That 50 FPS does fuck all.The fps (past a certain point, about 300fps) won't do anything besides get the bb to the target faster. People think more fps means more momentum, but you run out of backspin much faster than you run out of momentum.

If you really want that high of an FPS,Do a few Air Seal mods on your cylinder and hop rubber and you will get that without needing a stronger spring,which means less stress on internals.

If you REALLY want range and accuracy,Have the Gun R hopped. Use Google fu and AirsoftSniperForum for more info on R hop.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/6422-r-hop-database.html

thanks dude, will have a look at one and get it installed with Dazz. Any more help on what I need for lift on heavier bb's?

thanks dude, will have a look at one and get it installed with Dazz. Any more help on what I need for lift on heavier bb's?

you will need to do the biro mod and i will have a look for that link of a metal loading nozzle

Archived