The Load-Out Index

Jubigala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a thought, but as there are so many types of uniform, camo pattern and service available to impression, would it be a good idea to compile an "index" of what would typically comprise a unit's load out, in respects to: Uniform Cut, Vest/Rig type, Accessories?

For example as I'd describe a typical loadout: (and I don't know exact names of systems worn, so forgive me)

FSB Alfa Group Spetznaz:

Upper:

Uniform: Commercial (Helikon-Tex CPU or TCU perhaps)

Camo Pattern(s): Commercial Multicam

HeadPro: Something like a PASGT helmet (visored or unvisored), either in solid Olive Drab or covered with EMR (Digital Flora) cover

EyePro: Goggles - Black

Vest: Kamysh, Flora or EMR pattern

Gloves: Modern Plain Tan or Black.

Belt: Tan or Olive

Lower:

Camo Pattern(s): Commercial Multicam

Kneepads: Black, slightly industrial looking

Holster: Drop Leg - Black

Boots: Russian Black or "chunky" looking.

If you have any ideas, post them and share your loadout!

Thanks!

Personally, for my first loadout, I'm going for:

- Generic 2000's "Spetsnaz"

Upper:

Outfit: Dutch Lightweight DPM Jacket / Trousers / Telnyashka / British DDPM Assault Vest, Knee Pads and Tan Hiking Boots.

Camo Pattern(s): Dutch DPM / British DDPM

Head Pro: Balaclava - Black

Eye Pro: Mesh (Tan)

Vest: British MOLLE Style DDPM, no pouches

Belt: Olive Drab, ringed hole style, will attach small British DDPM vest pouches

Gloves: Modern Oakley Tan

Lower:

Trousers Camo Pattern(s): Lightweight Dutch DPM

Knee pads: British DDPM

Holster: None yet

Boots: Cotton Traders Tan/Grey and Black High Ankle Hiking Boot

Guns: AK whatever (Rifle with sling) and perhaps a Glock, Makarov etc.

Style/Stancing: Irregular

The idea is to impersonate the "Smog" pattern with the DPM and the generic commercial mashup that I associate with Spetsnaz. I do have a Flora and a German issue Flecktarn Jacket too, but I'm not sure if they'd work with the style.

I am aware that they would not wear DDPM, and would wear something like Kamysh, Tigr, Flora or plain/solid neutral etc.

How does that sound for a first attempt?

• Supporters

Well, as you say they wouldn't wear DDPM so if you're trying for a recognisable look, I'd save the money and wait until I could get something that would fit the look you want to convey. I realise that Russian vests are 'kin expensive, especially once you add the P&P, and DDPM is cheap, but I think plain OD or Tan would would be better. I think there are a lot of people who have never even heard of Russian Smog camo, never mind seen it in the flesh so, unless you explain, they'll just assume your loadout is a mix of whatever you've been able to get your hands on cheap, as your only recognisably Russian thing will be your AK and telnyashka.

BTW, if you haven't already bought your stripes, this is the cheapest place I've found them so far. They do the vest type too.

I think your best bet to keep the price down would be to get some recognisably Russian kecks and perhaps sack the balaclava (they're too hot and itchy once you start running around anyway) and wear a Russian cap in the same camo as the kecks plus a black bandana across your nose and mouth. If you take any German flags off your flecktarn (as we know there is a Russian flecktarn also, but again if you go all German flecktarn you'll not look Russian) and go with a vest like this:

380x272_airsoft_NCS_EliteTac_Vest_Tan_A.

- I reckon you'll have your mashup cracked.

If you're looking for an airsoft Pistola Makarova, you're going to be as disappointed as I was recently. The choices are an excellent looking full metal one which fires @430FPS or modifying a PPK to look like one. There is a new-ish SRC Tokarev available, but the opinions I've read have not been favourable. Still, I think I may get one this winter or maybe next year, if they're still available, because they've got to be better than the HFC HG-106 I bought to mod...

Oh yeah, and wouldn't they be wearing "Sphera" helmets, not PASGT? I've read that they're very well liked by Russian soldiers.

I saw a Kamysh vest for £20 freepost via St.Petersburg, problem is it's in St.Petersburg.. Seeing as I'm just starting off, my loadout will do at the moment, but thanks for the tips. I do have a Telnyashka and it cost be £10 with post, brand new.

I can cover up the flags, not an issue. Mishmash can look good, if you co-ordinate properly. I'll post some images at some point I guess.

The Russians have a variant of the PASGT which is a bit wider. I forget it's name,but it's almost identical to PASGT. Sphera is not very Common. Mainly for heavy Spetsnaz assaults. Maska is the most common helmet.

I'll do a load out I plan/am building. It's rather cheap but does the job.

Chechen War Era Soldier

It's mainly based on pictures I found of Ethnic Chechen Soldiers fighting for the Russians during the Chechen war I found. I like the mix of Insurgent and Ruskie.

Uniform: Rosich M21 les, Berezka,VSR,Flora.

Under Uniform: Telnyashka!

HeadPro: M88 Cap,MASKA Helmet,SPHERA helmet,SSh-68 helmet,Balaclava(Optional)

EyePro:ANZI Rated goggles or high quality mesh glasses

Vest: Lifchik Type 2,Pioneer Mk3,Belt Rig with H harness. Olive Drab or Coyote Brown

Gloves: Russian army Issue black leather glove.

Belt: Standard Military belt,Olive drab or Coyote brown

Should I go yellow and black or red and black for my load out. I saw cool stinger yellow camo bdu pants and I want to paint my helmet partially yellow. But I love red and black as well.

Archived