SRC AK-47, Grinding.

Robbie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if some of you would be aware of what could be causing quite a high pitched grinding sound when trying to fire?

I was firing at some targets then randomly it stopped working and was producing that grinding sound.

I've tried the jamming rod but the chamber is clear.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

• Supporters

What mods has the gun had? How old is it?

Worst case, If it won't fire at all it sounds like a gear may have stripped its teeth, or the piston may have stripped its teeth it's bad :(

best case would be that the motor needs its pressure adjusting (if applicable) normally a little screw on the end of the trigger grip but this may be due to wear :( or it may have come loose, it could also be that some how the piston has rotated and the gears no longer mesh.

Other than the motor pressure it sounds like it will need a strip down to fully diagnose/fix :(

Try adjusting the motor pressure first, and let us know.

Hey Spoon, Thanks for the reply! :)

I'ts had no mods and is only a week old. I'll try that motor pressure screw out tonight and report back.

Thanks again!

See we decided to scratch a bit of the orange paint off to see the wood effect on the stock, so I don't know if they'd accept it now, haha.

I can email them and find out I suppose... It's just a simple re-spray on a gun that's not working.

Any ideas?

If its a week old send it back. They should fix it and return it to you so the missing paint is not an issue.

Archived