Thoughts on the TM AUG high cycle

Adammd209
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any opinions on the Tokyo Marui AUG high cycle? I've seen the youtube vids and read a few reviews but has anyone actually got one? What are they like? Are they accurate? Are they reliable?

It will be my first rifle so i would rather spend the money to get it right first time. Originally I was looking at the ICS sa80 but the TM AUG has grabbed my attention for some reason. I hear they can match most AEG's for range?

Regards

Adammd209

Owned one,loved it

Won't be the most amazing range when stock. I've put a tight bore barrel plus it's original hop = ridiculous little machine that makes me people ask me if they can shoot it

Beautifully built and awesome straight out of the box, used a mates one yesterday but you will do well to find one as I believe he bought the last one currently in the UK

I plan to use it in woodland... I hear it has the same sort of range as many other AEG's? I do plan to put a tight bore on it. I contacted wolf armouries and they expect stock to be in between 2-5 months : ( but if its a great gun, I can wait!

I found the one I was using did have the usual TM magic but wasn't as rangey as I was expecting, we ran it on 0.2 and 0.25 which gave a little more range but you have to remember its a CQB weapon in essence so range is not a major factor in that environment, if I had loads of spare money then I'd have one myself but there are far better woodland weapons out there for the same sort of money or less

Tm generally work well with their own barrels in from experience, but do be aware that these don't use standard internals, they are specific to the high cycle guns which is what has put me off a bit, be just my luck I'll break it and the bits will be out of stock for months

Archived