Dutch DPM vs British DPM?

Jubigala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question about compatibility of DPM patterns.

I've got a Dutch DPM shirt/parka/jacket. I now need some trousers to match it, but am finding a hard time getting some in a 36'' waist or any at all.

My question is.. apart from the slight pattern changes (British DPM having a kind of stippled brush effect on the shape borders vs Dutch DPM's clean lines) how does the colourway match?

Does British DPM match Dutch DPM well, colour wise?

I don't want to have the same issue I had with my German Flecktarn, where the bottoms are a different hue to the jacket. I'm not sure how that works to be honest.

Any ideas people?

Personally never owned any dutch dpm but from looking at pictures like these, it seems the brown and green in dutch dpm are slightly lighter

Dutch:

dutch%20camo%20goretex%20parka%20fu-kit.

British:

british%20dpm%20camo%20gore-tex%20jacket

Could just be the lighting though, sorry I can't be of more help

Thanks for the reply, Janash.

There is a difference in colourway.. the Dutch is darker I believe.. but I have managed to track down a pair of Dutch DPM trousers, finally!

From what I can tell Dutch DPM appears to be basically the same to the older 80/early 90s style DPM before soldier 95 came into use as S95 is far crisper on the darker colour than the dutch is.

But the pattern is broadly the same, the slightly different colours

Yeah, I was thinking that Nickona. Dutch DPM looks, colourwise to me like Falklands-era DPM. It's hard to say because of usage, printing variables, fabric, camera and monitor settings. I decided to go Dutch DPM, as I find personally the colour is bit more palatable.. on what I've got anyway! My Dutch Special Forces loadout is coming along nicely, as is my RM Desert and my Flecktarn... a work in progress.

Archived