WE N&P XW.40 GBB Pistol

magicaldr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

wenpleftsideshot.jpg

Gun Name and maker: WE N&P XW.40 GBB Pistol

FPS: 277 (Single test, 2nd round plinked on the chrono knocked batts out, at least hope it batts)

Hop up: Yes, Adjustable by removing slide

Mag Capacity: 21+1

Battery: N/A

Plastic/Metal/Both: Both - Metal slide, plastic trigger, polymer body/grip

My opinion and overall comments: Opening the box its well laid out, nothing like as well presented as a TM MEU but its neat and the box is printed in full colour. (Pic right at end) Provided are the manual (pretty useless), the gun, 1 magazine and a large, medium and small rear grip in both pink or black.

First impressions are its purple, it was a little dusty and the sights (supposedly glow in the dark, they don’t) look dull. Unloaded the gun like many GBB’s feels unbalanced, but loaded its pretty comfortable.

There are definite moulding lines on all the plastic components and the magazine does not seem to line up that well with the body, but these are potentially fixable by the buyer. This is not a show piece, but at just over £100 from redwolf (its for sale more expensively elsewhere) it would be nice to have a slightly higher grade of finish.

The unique numbering is however a nice touch. Sadly it reflected the flash in pic (end of post), but its the gold plate by my thumb. Its metal, stamped then stuck on by the look of it. Sad as it sounds, this gun was brought because its purple as its main selling point. (although I still needed UKARA to buy it, might not be over 51%).

Slide action is clean, it had a little lube but I have since made sure all bits that rub are greased. Slide release is ambi, but very stiff if you a lefty. Seemed to work fine for right handers.

Trigger has trigger safety, the bottom part is hinged and without your finger it wont move. unlike the glock though its still 1 trigger to feel, there is no little bit in the middle. You can just see the split in the pics. There is no secondary safety. The trigger is plastic and doesn’t feel that sturdy. I hope nothing goes ping on it as I doubt I will be able to get spares, it was hard enough to get the gun!

Back grip changing is fairly simple, remove the pin from the back of the grip (twists and pulls out) which releases the rear part of the grip. Insert the new one (tab at top then push on) and put the pin back in. See redwolfs video review to show how to do this. Its simple and works, but not as well made / done as my PX4 grips.

Dismantle is not covered in the manual, but usual pull slide back and rotate release 90 degrees to remove slide. Looks fairly standard inside to my limited GBB know how.

One thing to note, the recoil spring rod has a small tab on it, make sure you have not knocked this loose or the rod wobbles alarmingly while operating the slide. It should be in the small slot in the rest of the mech to work. Luckily I didn't fire it while not in place as I was still just checking it over at the time, not sure what that would have done to the slide.

Magazine is solid and metal, fills up nicely and can be loaded from the bottom with a speed loader. However there is no tab to hold the spring down, so you have to juggle a bit. Still was simple to fill and no feed problems in the 4 or 5 mags we put downrange.

Shooting this thing goes bang, very loudly (running green gas). Quite a lot of gas seems to go onto your hand (to right of gun) as the slide cycles, but its crisp and pretty fast. BB’s come out of the end and hit the fence at the end of the garden, it being day one and rather dark that’s about as far as I can test it I’m afraid. Still its sub zero out there and it worked, although of course it would not be that cold as my house is nice and toasty...

Will have to wait until I get the wife skirmishing (or I can fit the black grips and ‘borrow’ it) for a field test.

Overall rating: 6/10

Final thoughts: Its an ok pistol, but not a hint on the WE glock, nor my PX4 which are similar prices. The colour sells it, it is different, but the mould lines and non working ‘Glow’ sights are a let down hence 6/10 rating from me. I have seen some gun sight glow paint on fleabay and likely to get it and redo the sights myself.

The quote below seems to be the standard marketing blurb, included so you can see what the manufacturer says it does, some of which it doesn't as in the non glowing sights which I was really looking forward to :(

The real M&P is initially intended for law enforcement agencies only, though long available in the commercial market. News of a gas blow back N&P version came at the 2012 Shizuoka Hobby Show, where airsoft manufacturer Tokyo Marui displayed a mock-up of the handgun. It now appears that WE-Tech will be the first to release a gas blow back "N&P" as their model. The WE M&P features a metal slide, polymer frame, slide release and slide catch lever, a textured grip, and three different sized backstraps( PINK and Black), it provides really nice gripping even for big hands. Complete with a unique serial number. -Metal slide, top/green gas ready. -"glow in the dark" iron sights -adjustable hop up -21+1 rounds Shooting at 305 fps (0.85J) with 0.2g BB and green/top gas, perfectly good for indoor games or as a sidearm.

Other Pics:

wenpunboxingshot.th.jpgwenpsideshot.th.jpgwenpinternalshot.th.jpgwenpgripfittingshot.th.jpgwenpchambershot.th.jpgwenpbaseshot.th.jpgwenprearshot.th.jpg

• Supporters

Thanks for the review, appreciated :)

I'm really tempted to just go for a tan one, just wish they came with extra black grips, not pink. Then I'd probably swap to a tm (if they ever actually make it)

They are great looking pistols though and so long as it shoots relatively nicely its worth a go I guess.

Thanks for the review, appreciated :)

I'm really tempted to just go for a tan one, just wish they came with extra black grips, not pink. Then I'd probably swap to a tm (if they ever actually make it)

They are great looking pistols though and so long as it shoots relatively nicely its worth a go I guess.

I assume tan has 3 tan and 3 pink, but might be able to talk wife into swapping a tan for a black if you were up for it? Would leave mismatched sets, but more unique with tan black and purple tan guns...

Archived