Your Primary or Favourite Build/Setup ~ Tech Notes

sl1k
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I wanted to start a thread, or a diary of sort of people's builds and the performance achieved through them builds. Can be very productive in terms of educating each other in what is achieved through different set ups. Ok I'll start it off to give a jist of the format...

CM035A

Externals:

-Chinese brand RIS set, one that looks all swiss cheesed

-Chinese brand foregrip with built in flash light

-Forgot the brand, mounted side rail w/ Hurricane eotech 552 replica

-Element 200mm Aluminium mock suppressor

-CYMA ergonomic ak hand grip

-Classic army metal midcaps

Internals:

-Rewired with Modify silverplated wire, deans connectors & standard tuning

-Systema a-z motor

-SHS 13:1 gears, sector ss'd one tooth and w/sector chip

-Modify rotating shaft bearing spring guide

-modify s100 spring

-madbull half rack polycarb piston ss'd one tooth and first 2 teeth shaved for AOE

-modify pom bearing piston head

-SHS cylinder /w 70d sorbo padded modify stainless steel cylinder head

-modify o ring air nozzle

-lonex metal hop unit

-KWA 2gx bucking

-Prommy 407mm tbb

Shooting 330fps @ 24 rps with 9.6 1600mah nimh battery

Will be upgrading to 11.1 lipo this month so should be achieving the high 30 rps. Not bad without a dual sector gear!

• Supporters

Can you explain more about the gear ratio to me? I never understood how the gears can all still mesh the same if they're not the same ratio, and thus size, as before.

What does 13:1 actually mean? That there's 13 rotations of the sector gear for 1 of the pinion gear, or what? I just can't get my head around it.

Basically, for every 13 spins of the bevel gear, which spins the most out of the gearset, the sector gear will complete one full cycle. Hencle the lower the ratio, the higher the ROF you'll get.

Archived