[Sniper] Hard bolt push back, PDI Raven cylinder

Carni
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey.

I just installed a PDI raven cylinder into my TM L96. I also installed a PDI 140 spring so obviously the pull

back is harder then before but the push back is what really worries me. Its very hard and

definitely not how it should be.

I put pure silicone oil on the seals of the piston and the inside walls of the cylinder and so on.

Help please, got a game coming up on Sunday :(

P.S. The piston is the one that came with the cylinder so im assuming the piston is not the problem

Cheers, Si

Sounds like a sears problem, have you upgraded to a full metal trigger and sears kit or is it the stock plastic one. I'e heard they wear out pretty quick normally and a new spring could have made more problems there..

Not 100% though, I can't say Im an expert but thats the first thing I'd look at.

That sounds more like a mis-alignment of the cylinder in the receiver, as it should push back without any real force. Did you check the fit of the new cylinder in the receiver before you transferred all the internals? I had something similar on a Well L96 years ago. I can't remember exactly what I'd done wrong now but it sounds like exactly the same problem you have.

That sounds more like a mis-alignment of the cylinder in the receiver, as it should push back without any real force. Did you check the fit of the new cylinder in the receiver before you transferred all the internals? I had something similar on a Well L96 years ago. I can't remember exactly what I'd done wrong now but it sounds like exactly the same problem you have.

The PDI Raven cylinder is bigger then the original and I had to (it even says it in the cylinders manual) remove the support rings which support the original cylinder. But as I said its bigger and it wouldnt fit with those in so I simply removed them.

The sears are completely intact. Its a brand new gun with the stock trigger, the cylinder is made especially for the stock trigger. Ill be getting the laylax zero trigger in around 2 weeks time but for now its stock

I might have found something. Basically when I have the cylinder taken apart and I put the piston in its hard to move about. And what I think is happening is the rubber seal that makes sure the air doesnt escape gives too much friction between the cylinder walls and the rubber and then its hard to push back. I can try to install the stock cylinder but I dont think itll work since the whole cylinder is smaller.

The set pin is the piece of metal that goes through the trigger unit into the cylinder to hold the spring guide in place.

oh so spring guide rod :) Awkward PDI is awkward :P Ive decided to send back the cylinder. I think the piston is the problem and order a full laylax upgrade (laylax cylinder and cylinder head and zero trigger with the piston) the only PDI upgrade I have now is a 01 tightbore

Archived