Tactical Vest For Snipers

Silent7Sniper7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If you're after a full setup but would rather put all your cash in to the belt now and then save up again for a better/more modern harness, I'd recommend grabbing whichever belt it is you like and then grabbing an issued PLCE webbing yoke off eBay. It'll do the job perfectly well even if it doesn't match, and you should be able to nab one for mere pennies, especially if it's used; will fill the gap until you can save up again.

• Supporters

Looks good. I expect you'll be able to attach a camel to those D-rings on the back & you can put whatever else you need wherever you like.

• Supporters

I always recommend the MLE to new players. Quality rig that can fill dozens of different roles, and for a tiny price. Always great service from fleck as well, it's a great choice.

It wasn't my first ever airsoft rig, but I only used my first one for one game, sold it, bought an MLE then used that for a good 18 months or so. There wasn't even anything wrong with it when I eventually stopped using it, I just wanted a different aesthetic.

Looks good. I expect you'll be able to attach a camel to those D-rings on the back & you can put whatever else you need wherever you like.

exactly, I just have to find the pouches I want in the same colour now <_<

I've got a Viper Belt Platform that I remember being £10.20 from Patrol Base. There are no doubt some other ones but I don't know them

I'd reccommend a Templar Assault Systems Sniper Pouch. They're only about £3 or so and they'll hold two small sniper rifle magazines (not the real size ones, but the ones that are flush with the mag well/the receiver)

And obviously you can fit whatever you want on there and there are no unneccesary pouches (you said how most tactical vests will have loads of mag pouches you don't even need)

Shouldn't really work out much more than a vest -unless you get one of the really cheap ones from eBay- but I'd say there are a few advantages. As aforementioned, you can choose which pouches to add and where. Plus, it's more lightweight and should just allow for more manouvrability etc. I can imagine wearing a big bulky vest is less practical and comfortable for a sniper.

I'm sure you'll know Flecktarn's a good website for pouches etc...

Hope this helps.

• Supporters

Flecktarn stock a wide range of OD pouches from the same brand as the MLE rig (BULLE). Great stuff for airsoft use, very durable.

If you're after hydration on the back, get a hydro carrier pouch and thread on to that MOLLE there at the top and the strap that goes across your back down at the bottom. Stick a bladder in there, sorted. It'll stay much closer to your back than hanging a Camelbak separate backpack through those D-rings, plus generally swing around and sag far less.

• Supporters

Well, you shouldn't have much trouble finding OD pouches, but I'd say that any camo pattern with a fair amount of green in would look just fine, so long as all the pouches are the same pattern.

I had no idea these rigs were so cheap. I think I might get one in the new year...

Yeah, that's a good point about a camel swinging about. I just replaced the Web-tex bladder in my hydration pack because I burst it [with about 35Kg of bergen :'( ] with one of these. I'm very impressed. It's a little shorter than the Web-tex one, but hasn't got any funky plastic taste and the bite valve comes with an integral cap.

Flecktarn stock a wide range of OD pouches from the same brand as the MLE rig (BULLE). Great stuff for airsoft use, very durable.

If you're after hydration on the back, get a hydro carrier pouch and thread on to that MOLLE there at the top and the strap that goes across your back down at the bottom. Stick a bladder in there, sorted. It'll stay much closer to your back than hanging a Camelbak separate backpack through those D-rings, plus generally swing around and sag far less.

Yer Im going to get a grenade pouch, hydro carrier, either a large pouch or dump pouch to carry ammo & Im thinking about a double pistol mag pouch for my 2 speed loaders.

I've already got a small pouch for my G18 mags and battery & a L96 mag pouch.

Archived