Cybergun SIG 550 & ACM Famas F1?

Namaco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I am planning to buy cybergun sig 550 or ACM Famas F1 when I get 18 and have ukara but before that I wanted to ask if anyone tried those guns? are they any good? those two are my favorite weapons when it comes to FPS and I thought if I like them I should buy them plus they do not cost a lot and probably will be the best as a first gun!

And just in case, Famas costs £159.98 and SIG 550 £169.99

So have anyone tried them, any information or any experience with them?

Thank you!

• Supporters

Got links?

I didn't think ACM made guns, I can't think of anything else they've done in the past. Not a big name that's for sure, so their QC might be questionable. However I have a number of ACOG scopes and stuff that are made by ACM and they're all really good, so I guess you could argue it either way.

I'd probably buy something else though, but I'm not sure there are all that many options if you're after a Famas, I can't think of any company other than Tokyo Marui that make them... Others might though.

As for Cybergun, they're actually just a licensing company, they have the legal rights from the real gun manufacturers to stamp the real gun's trade marks and logos etc etc onto the airsoft versions, so they just buy an existing company's guns and then stamp stuff on them.

So depending on what the company is that makes that Sig, it'll either be good or bad.

Anyone else have any input?

Links would certainly help.

I'd say the most important thing is knowing what a company's reputation is like, then searching for a gun based on that. As opposed to just searching for guns without any knowledge of the company that put it together.

I'd say the best companies out there at the moment are G&G, ICS, G&P, VFC and Classic Army - See if you can find a gun you like made by one of those companies and you can be relatively sure it'll be good and reliable.

If you're on a budget then I think all of the above companies with the exception of G&P and VFC make all their guns in both plastic and full metal, so you can always go for the plastic offering if you want to keep the cost down.

• Supporters
Hello, I am planning to buy cybergun sig 550 or ACM Famas F1 when I get 18 and have ukara but before that I wanted to ask if anyone tried those guns? are they any good? those two are my favorite weapons when it comes to FPS and I thought if I like them I should buy them plus they do not cost a lot and probably will be the best as a first gun!

And just in case, Famas costs £159.98 and SIG 550 £169.99

So have anyone tried them, any information or any experience with them?

Thank you!

From your various posts on the forum it sounds as if you have not started airsofting yet so picking out a gun is more difficult.

If you go to your local site and use the hire packages then you will also be able to see what other players use and probably get to hold and maybe even fire them.

If the site has a shop then talk with them about the various guns available. Most sites will only stock guns that they have found to be reliable - it is far easier for people to complain about a gun next time they play rather than going back to a shop (especially if you bought on the internet from someone miles away).

Here are the links, its rare to find SIG 550 in UK, I have been searching all over the google and only found this one on little site, I asked on website which brand made it and he said cybergun,

http://www.roeairsoft.co.uk/swiss-arms-sig...-body--59-p.asp and what I am worried about is that this is a plastic body but perhaps it does have metal parts as I watched some reviews of the same gun made by cybergun.

Here is Famas F1 http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/ACM-FAMAS-F....aspx?nh=124121

but as well as reading the closest site rules of "Tactical Warfare Airsoft" they state that it cannot be more then 328 FPS so I guess either of them is not good to buy...

All weapons which are not rented are required to be tested using a Chronograph prior to entering the Game Area. Tactical Warfare Airsoft site limit is 328 fps +5% muzzle velocity using 0.2g bb’s, for all airsoft guns, with the exception of bolt action rifles which can fire up to 450 fps muzzle velocity using 0.2g bb’s.

As for a first weapon I guess its normal, you always start with crappy things and then when you get experience in airsoft you earn some decent money and buy better one.

EDIT: I have as well found other Famas but this one is made by Cybergun http://www.jdairsoft.net/product.aspx?id=18689

Tho I am not quite sure, if your gun, like the SIG and Famas are around 360+ FPS, that would make me not allow play on their site because their requirement is 328 + 5% something FPS?

If simply Sig is not good I would prefer bullpup weaponry, its system is great but the FPS and Site FPS rule is probably holding me up to buy any guns?

• Supporters

It's fairly easy to downgrade a gun to fire at a lower velocity. The shop you buy from might even do it for you before sending it out if you ask nicely.

Archived