When to buy first gun?

Namaco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I wonder if I get at age of 18 at 4 month should I buy a two toned weapon or get to the skirmishes and rent ones until I get the UKARA registration and then buy real looking and better weapon?

Renting the weapons would make it costing £40 visit.

• Supporters

Well if you've got to wait 4 months, that's roughly 4 visits, I doubt you'll be going more often than that because not even I do lol.

That's £160 (or less - since you only need to go 3 times, not 4) over the next 4 months, which is the same as the cost of a gun.

But, if you buy the gun, you'll have to still pay to play at the site, as well as ammo, batteries and chargers and some spare magazines. Plus if you're using your own gun you won't be renting their overalls or face protection so you'll need to buy those as well.

So if you buy your own gun it's going to cost you miles more than if you rented for the next 4 months.

If you don't care about getting a two tone gun, or a realistically coloured one, then just get the two tone, 'cos what's the point working your way to getting UKARA in order to buy a realistic gun, if you're going to already have an unrealistic, green one? It will be cheaper to rent. Especially considering, as I've outlined above, how much more it would cost you if you bought a two tone now.

I'd say rent for 4 months, get UKARA sorted as soon as you've had your 18th birthday, then buy a proper gun, not a horrible bright green monstrosity lol, you'll save money that way and you won't need to buy another gun once you get your UKARA in order to make it worth having gone to the trouble of gaining your UKARA registration.

Well if you've got to wait 4 months, that's roughly 4 visits, I doubt you'll be going more often than that because not even I do lol.

That's £160 over the next 4 months, which is the same as the cost of a gun.

But, if you buy the gun, you'll have to still pay to play at the site, as well as ammo, batteries and chargers and some spare magazines. Plus if you're using your own gun you won't be renting their overalls or face protection so you'll need to buy those as well.

So if you buy your own gun it's going to cost you miles more than if you rented for the next 4 months.

If you don't care about getting a two tone gun, or a realistically coloured one, then just get the two tone, but if you don't want to have a brightly coloured gun, buying one, if you're using it to get UKARA is completely pointless. Especially considering, as I've outlined above, how much more it would cost you if you bought a two tone now.

I'd say rent for 4 months, get UKARA sorted as soon as you've had your 18th birthday, then buy a proper gun, not a horrible bright green monstrosity lol, you'll save money that way and you won't need to buy another gun once you get your UKARA in order to make it worth having.

I guess that would work the best! I was looking around and found a good gun for £169.99 (( probably is shite I dont even know much about them lol )) which would be a normal price to get on birthday + as you stated in my other topic I can get them stamps for UKARA at current age.

Thank you once again for the help most parts get clear to me now!

Archived