aeg gears

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Could some one tell the difference between high speed gears and high torque gears as I want to upgrade my gearbox to make it lipo ready and I'm a little confused as what to get.. Also what else would I need ie gears, piston head etc thanks Darren

Hi all

Could some one tell the difference between high speed gears and high torque gears as I want to upgrade my gearbox to make it lipo ready and I'm a little confused as what to get.. Also what else would I need ie gears, piston head etc thanks Darren

High speed is for fast rounds per second, but needs a lower fps spring (e.g. M90). High torque is for pulling a heavier spring (e.g. M130), but at the expense of rounds per second. However, there is no such thing as making a gearbox Lipo ready if you use a 7.4V Lipo, as that is equivalent to a 9.6V NihM. It's only if you want to use an 11.1V Lipo that you'll need to upgrade the gearbox, as the speed that it will turn the motor is probably too much for a standard gearbox on full auto, unless you use it on semi only.

I run three guns on 7.4V Lipos and none of them have been upgraded and all woirk fine.

High speed is for fast rounds per second, but needs a lower fps spring (e.g. M90). High torque is for pulling a heavier spring (e.g. M130), but at the expense of rounds per second. However, there is no such thing as making a gearbox Lipo ready if you use a 7.4V Lipo, as that is equivalent to a 9.6V NihM. It's only if you want to use an 11.1V Lipo that you'll need to upgrade the gearbox, as the speed that it will turn the motor is probably too much for a standard gearbox on full auto, unless you use it on semi only.

I run three guns on 7.4V Lipos and none of them have been upgraded and all woirk fine.

Great that clears that up for me I thought gearbox had to be upgraded for lipo, thanks for that no need to go out and buy parts now

Archived