Feeding Issue with the G&G UMG

crazydan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I've got a problem with my G&G UMG. It's only just started doing it, I went to a skirmish today and I put a fully charged battery inside and filled my high cap magazine. Then In the middle of the game I starting shooting but It would only get about 2 shoots before It would not feed again, But It shoots if I keep winding the mag. I have done no mods to the gun at all. I have taken the gearbox out the bottom half of the gun

But the gearbox shoots fine and the selector switch is fine.

Anyone got any idea's on how to fix this problem? My guess the magazine is broken somewhere.

Thanks Dan

• Supporters

I would say magazine too. To test it, either try it in someone else's gun, or wind it fully, then push back the little lip that holds the BBs in, then see how many actually come out when it's upright. Make sure you're in an area that you don't mind getting possibly hundreds off BBs all over the place though. If only a few BBs come out, then it's the magazine that's faulty.

I would say magazine too. To test it, either try it in someone else's gun, or wind it fully, then push back the little lip that holds the BBs in, then see how many actually come out when it's upright. Make sure you're in an area that you don't mind getting possibly hundreds off BBs all over the place though. If only a few BBs come out, then it's the magazine that's faulty.

By the Little lip do you mean the little thing you push back and all the pellets fly out? If so none came out at all

• Supporters

Yeah that's the bit I mean. Was it fully loaded and wound up?

• Supporters

Yeah it's the mag then, not sure how to fix it as I've never had hi cap mag apart before and I don't have any to take apart.

Here's a guide on how they work though: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/guide-Hi...rk-t196872.html

You may be able to figure out what's wrong and fix it using that. I suspect that the spring's broken or it's come unclipped from the wheel.

Yeah it's the mag then, not sure how to fix it as I've never had hi cap mag apart before and I don't have any to take apart.

Here's a guide on how they work though: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/guide-Hi...rk-t196872.html

You may be able to figure out what's wrong and fix it using that. I suspect that the spring's broken or it's come unclipped from the wheel.

Right OK thanks for the help :P I'm kinda new to AEG's so I think I might just buy a new one as I need some more mags for it anyway.

Right OK thanks for the help :P I'm kinda new to AEG's so I think I might just buy a new one as I need some more mags for it anyway.

It's very likely the U bend on the inner end of the spring that attaches to the centre of the winding wheel has broken, although it also could be the sides of the winding wheel itself that break. I've had it happen to a few of mine. You can try creating a new U bend yourself by bending over the broken end of the spring with a pair of needle nosed pliers, but as it's made of spring steel it doesn't work that well and may break again. New springs are fairly cheap, you just need to be careful about fitting them so that they don't explode out and need rewinding (trust me, it takes a while to get them back when they do!). However, if it's the plastic winder itself that's broken then you are probably best keeping it for spares and just doing what you said and buying new mags.

• 1 month later...

Remove the fiction pin at the top of the mag, slide out the internals and spray some silcon spray around the mag workings. Then keep winding the mag for a few minutes as the mags are new and this will give it time for the oil to get to all the moving parts. Then put it together again and load the mag with bb's. More this time will come out.

The above process takes a few minutes per mag.

Archived