Extreme blowback gas, a gun-killer?

bagaroo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am rather new to airsoft. As a starter I bought myself a Chinese Meister Glock 17 that I was rather pleased with, nice punch, realism and accuracy. Next step I bought a WE SCAR, which was nice as long it lasted; after approx 10 magazines the classic part # 66 broke (I have ordered, and received a aluminum replacement), was stupid enough to put on part # 66 but shoot without the stock assembly attached and after just 4 shots part # 27 broke in pieces. I have now ordered a reenforced part as a replacement for that as well. While waiting for the parts etc for the SCAR I ordered, and received the WE G39C. I soon suspected that something was not right as a cloud of gas came out of the ejector port every time I fired. It started to "doublefeed", especially when I tried some auto bursts (3-4 rounds per burst) and it had no real power even when fired in semi, I felt that it was something wrong with the nozzle. After only 3 magazines; PFFFFH all gas emptied out of the magazine and it was an awkward sound. I disassembled the gun and found out that the nozzle was broken (I can post photos if anyone would be interested)

My question is: I am using a gas called "Extreme blowback gas" (USA and Canada item # 63501) May this gas be to powerful? It works perfect with the Meister Glock 17, but shattered my SCAR ( I really cant relate the damage to the G39C to the gas, I guess that this possibly just was a "lemon" with a defunct nozzle (I have ordered new parts) The temperature was aprox 25 celsius when I did my shooting.

I really would appreciate if someone would share their knowledge/experience around this gas type etc (I can also post a photo of the bottle if wanted)

This is why new people shouldn't get Gas Blowback weapons :P

Part numbers and item numbers mean nothing to us without any reference :P

The gas in question shouldn't be too powerful. My friends WE Scar was running nearly 600fps on propylene (before he set it down with NPAS)

Thank you for your answer Tariq. Hehe, the reason for me choosing GBB over AEG is that I usually shoot "full caliber" weapons, but its a bit hairy to train with them in my backyard so I wanted something that is the closest to the real thing. The parts that I was referring to are the hinge plate and the parts that the hinge plate slides in to and attaches the stock to the weapon. Hmm, I guess I should instal a rubber buffer behind the recoil rod and NPAS kit after I have all the reenforced parts. And hopefully the G39C will be up and running with the replacement stock parts that I am waiting for.

• Supporters

I'd suggest that you've unfortunately got some lemons (and being WE its not too surprising)

I assume the scar part was the stock plate- I believe that's a pretty common fault?

As for the g39, your analysis sounds correct, replace the nozle- see if it makes a difference, if not try some of the parts inside it

Thank you for the input Marksman556, and yes it was the stock plate, and later the holder for the stock plate that broke. Seems like this happen to most SCAR owner sooner or later:-) I will post a follow up after I have received the parts both for the SCAR and the G39 in case it may bye could be of help to others experiencing the same problems.

Archived