Using 2 tone guns + cover during a match?

m1tch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am brand new to airsofting and I am aware of the fact that im not allowed to purchase an airsoft gun in the correct colours due to not having been airsofting yet/been registered meaning I can only purchase 2 tone guns.

I was just wondering this, to avoid shelling out on hiring guns for my initial matches would it be ok to purchase a 2 tone gun, practice with it and then take it to a match where I could then cover up the brighter colours with a camo cover of some sort? Outside of matches the gun would be in the 2 tone legal requirement, but would allow me to use my own gun for the required number of matches, from then I could repaint the gun to the correct colours/scheme I want it to be.

Would this be legal or does the gun need to be in 2 tone all the time until registered? Just wondering really :)

I do find it rather odd that my higher power CO2 .177 revolver (at around 3 joules) doesn't need to be 2 toned due to the fact its too powerful to be an airsoft gun lol but hey!

Camo netting or camo tape or whatever is allowed as its a non permanent thing. However you should take it off after skirmishes.

Once you have UKARA or a valid defence you may use a permanent solution such as paint/spraying your gun.

And yes the rule doesnt make sense at times but hey, its the law

Cool. yeah I would of course take it off as soon as the match ends, I will have a think about it, it might just be worth me hiring all the equipment initially until I get myself registered etc, I am guessing the higher end full metal guns don't exactly come 2 toned lol

Don't worry too much about the colour giving you away. If I can creep up on someone dressed as an 18st green and red elf, then moving carefully with a green gun isn't a biggy.

However if you are over 18 then you may as well just go 3 times and get your site membership which would allow you to purchase a rif. Would be cheaper in the long run and would mean you are not trying to sell a second hand 2 tone, which you will loose money on.

Don't worry too much about the colour giving you away. If I can creep up on someone dressed as an 18st green and red elf, then moving carefully with a green gun isn't a biggy.

However if you are over 18 then you may as well just go 3 times and get your site membership which would allow you to purchase a rif. Would be cheaper in the long run and would mean you are not trying to sell a second hand 2 tone, which you will loose money on.

Ok, sounds like a plan then, I will hire the kit to start with (just need to find the nearest her Hertfordshire, nothing is ever close) and I can sort something.

• Supporters

i'm selling a bundle although Rif's i'll two tone come's with some extra gear and such aswell anyway only need a Battery and charger and off you go! and the M16 just need's sent off for a check up or rewire which should only cost about £50 at Most

• 2 weeks later...

Lol I always wondered why air pistols don't have to be two-toned.

The law is f*cking stupid at times, but I blame the twats that tried to ban airsofting...they were just jealous

Archived