Connectors

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm after some motor connectors, some spade connectors and another kind that are similar to motor connectors, but they're for a fuse... I need them so I can rewire my L85.

However, I need them all to have the wire mounting section to be at 90 degrees to the actual connection part...

Anyone have any idea where I can get some from? Or is there a way to easily remove the wires from the set I already have without damaging them beyond use?

I'll get some photos up soon so you know what I mean.

Motor connectors:

image-10.jpg

Spade connectors:

image-1-1.jpg

Fuse connectors:

imagecopy.jpg

Most car places should do the connectors, like motorist discount centres, or even halfords. (ie places you go to buy car bulbs and oil etc)

As for removing them yourself. If you have either a solder sucker or copepr tape then you can remove soldered ones quite easily. If they are crimped then you can un -rimp them if you have a watch makers flat bladed screw driver to get in under the ends and flick them out again. You can then re-crimp with a set of pliers.

• Supporters

Cheers, I'll have a look in Halfords, or online, when I've got a spare minute.

Going to Meadowhall tomorrow (giant shopping centre in Sheffield, not sure if it's famous elsewhere) but there's a few model shops and stuff there so I'm going to look in those too.

Fingers crossed.

Archived