Advise needed

Duff10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to the world of airsoft, and have recently acquired a WE G17, do I need a licence for this or a licence to take part of a airsoft game? Also want to purchase a assault rifle of PDF weapon any recommendations for a beginner?

HI, Marksman556 has a massive beginners quide somewhere I would recomend reading

id do some searching around the forum first and read up on the laws etc

welcome to the forum, is the g17 two tone?

No it's all black, looks like the real thing. That's why I would like to know if I need a licence. Common spence tells me not to brand it in public, but I'm even worried about using it in my own back garden.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

You shouldn't have been able to buy it. There is no laws against ownership, just purchase.

You can use it in your back garden but you'll need to be careful BB's don't leave your premises and it would be a very wise idea to explain what you are doing to anyone who can overlook your garden.

Welcome to the forums :)

You shouldn't have been able to buy it. There is no laws against ownership, just purchase.

You can use it in your back garden but you'll need to be careful BB's don't leave your premises and it would be a very wise idea to explain what you are doing to anyone who can overlook your garden.

Thanks for the advice, I did purchase from a shop and they where very helpful even had a range, but didn't mention anything about not being able to purchase. It wasn't till I got home that I started to think about how real this thing looks and maybe a licence was required.

After reading about airsoft games and looking on YouTube I'm hooked and can't wait to find a local club around nottinghamshire area.

Are you sure it's a 6mm BB gun and not 4.5mm? 4.5mm black air pistols (Shoot 4.5mm metal BB's) are perfectly legal to purchase aslong as you're 18+ whereas 6mm airsoft black/realistic pistols/guns (6mm plastic BB's) will require a form of defence (Most common is UKARA) to purchase.

So theoretically, if you're not a registered re-inactor, or don't have any defence under the VCRA act, then it was sold to you illegally and should probably be reported. You are perfectly legal to own it though.

• Supporters
I'm hooked and can't wait to find a local club around nottinghamshire area.

I live in Nottingham and skirmish at... Skirmish! Here is Skirmish's own forum. Here is their Facebook Photo Albums.

I've only been airsofting for 4 1/2 months and I can still remember being a confused n00b vividly. The staff and players at Skirmish made me feel very welcome, were patient with me and informative as well as helpul.

Archived