M16 + ASCU

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I finally got my M16 together with the ASCU earlier, I thought I'd have a bash at it again since my L85 is currently in need of a new motor.

Anyway, the M16 has this weird thing with the ASCU, on semi it'll fire two shots, then jam on the third, fire two, jam on third etc etc.

On burst/auto it's fine.

When I reassembled the gearbox I left the AR latch in because I didn't think the stock motor would be good enough to stop the gears from over spinning, so my guess is that either the AR latch is interrupting the mech at the wrong time... For some reason. Or, more likely, I set up the sector gear at the wrong angle when I closed up the gearbox.

Reason for my analysis: if you look into the magwell when firing empty, the tappet plate can be seen ever so slightly blocking the feeding tube after every shot, and then completely blocking it on every third shot...

I really REALLY can't be arsed to fix it anymore... Would anyone be willing to buy it off me in it's current state? 'Cos if not I'm going to just send it somewhere to get fixed, 'cos if I have to dismantle the gearbox and rewire the damn thing one more effing time it's going to get broken about a tree.

£150? Easy to fix (if you have patience for such things) G&P M16A3... Any takers?

Archived