ICS L85 Advice please

NickM
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi all,

I’m hoping to be getting an ICS L85 the day of my next skirmish but I need to get a battery or two and a charger sorted so I can get going straight away.

So could anyone tell me what is the standard connector for ICS or offer any recommendations for batteries and a charger.

I've been looking at 9.6V 3000 mAh but there is a huge range in prices, from about £20 up to £45 ish. I'm thinking I'll stay away from Lipo for a bit till I get the hang of things. For a single day’s play do I need 2?

I may be able to borrow a couple of batteries for some model aircraft to get started, any reason I couldn't use those if the connector fits?

Thanks,

Nick

• Supporters

Any "large type" battery will fit fine, it comes with a large tamiya connector.

Any Nihm battery will be fine but for the best performance with regard to trigger response and rate of fire get either an 8.4v or a 9.6v, it will probably cope with a slightly higher voltage but I wouldn't risk it.

A large battery ought to last you a day, a very rough rule is that 1mah = 1 shot or there abouts. Might be worth getting two just in case though, they can sometimes run down faster in cold weather etc so you never know when you might need another one.

Good choice of gun :P

• Supporters

Thanks A-E

I've ordered one 9.6V and one 8.4 ( mainly as a back up) fingers crossed they get here before Friday, now I'm on the hunt for a charger, I have plenty of time and don't mind doing the maths, but I'll be short on cash after getting my AEG so can anyone recommend any cheap mains chargers?

Cheers

Nick

• Supporters

I've got one of these:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...t&id=CCIVAP

Does the job nicely, comes with a tamiya adaptor, can charge 8.4 and 9.6 batteries and it has an LED on it to let you know when the batteries are charged.

• Supporters

Cheers A-E

Thats exactly what I was looking for but I find Wolf Armouries website really hard to find anything, have now got batteries and charger on order. Fingers crossed they arrive before Friday so I can get them fully charged for the Sat game.

Thanks again.

Nick

• Supporters

Most stuff is sent for next day delivery.

Your only worry is that since it's the Jubilee and a double bank holiday weekend, the order won't even get processed until Wednesday, it'll be a close call. Hope it all works out for you.

Archived