AK-47 To a 74?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am looking to replace my CYMA 0.28 plastic body with this one:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/element-metal-ak-receiver.html

But since its the 47 style body is out of stock I am looking at the 74 body.

So I am asking,

Will it fit?

By clicking on the review button I found that the first reviewer did this conversion to an 028. Apart from a small amount of filing down it was not an issue apparently.

Took me longer to type this than find that out....

By clicking on the review button I found that the first reviewer did this conversion to an 028. Apart from a small amount of filing down it was not an issue apparently.

Took me longer to type this than find that out....

But that is the AK-47 body not the 74.

I clicked on YOUR link to the Element AK74 metal receiver, then clicked Review and got

"I bought this gun for my cyma cm.028 (ak 47) to replace the plastic body because the plastic body got damaged. the quality of this is alright, although its made of cheap cast metal, its still much stronger than plastic and won't break on you. a small let down is the cast around the magwell and the selecter plate hole, it wasn't smooth and required some smoothing out with a file. I also had to sand down the inside a bit, using a sanding block so the the gearbox fit snug. I wouldn't recommend getting this if you don't know what your doing but the price is worth it if you know what your doing. Hope this info helps. "

So based upon my basic comprehension of the English language. He purchased a 74 metal body to replace the plastic body of the cm028 (a 47) and with a bit of work it fitted.

You would have issues replacing a 74 wood kit on a 47 as they don't fit (been there done that), but the body would be fine.

I clicked on YOUR link to the Element AK74 metal receiver, then clicked Review and got

"I bought this gun for my cyma cm.028 (ak 47) to replace the plastic body because the plastic body got damaged. the quality of this is alright, although its made of cheap cast metal, its still much stronger than plastic and won't break on you. a small let down is the cast around the magwell and the selecter plate hole, it wasn't smooth and required some smoothing out with a file. I also had to sand down the inside a bit, using a sanding block so the the gearbox fit snug. I wouldn't recommend getting this if you don't know what your doing but the price is worth it if you know what your doing. Hope this info helps. "

So based upon my basic comprehension of the English language. He purchased a 74 metal body to replace the plastic body of the cm028 (a 47) and with a bit of work it fitted.

You would have issues replacing a 74 wood kit on a 47 as they don't fit (been there done that), but the body would be fine.

There is a selection box. one page for two products so it dosnt specify.

And this is the wood kit so I presume it will fit:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/ak74-wood-kit.html

You would be using a 47 front set on a 74 body, which should fit together, however a 74 wood set WILL NOT fit onto a 47 front set as the 74 is longer and will need quite a bit of cutting to make it fit.

For the body type, ask them if your 47 front end will fit on the 74 body they have in stock. It should do.

My issue with that body is that it seems to have side tags for the stock rather than the top bottom ones that I have seen on most standard 47's, so ask them what stock it will take.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...tal_Bodies.html scroll down and see what I mean about top/bottom tags on a 47 stock.

you really do need to ask them. I have trawled a lot of airsoft shops and can't find metal 47 receivers in stock, you may just be better off buying a metal AK and selling your 028 on for £100 as the extra £50 would get you a new gun and warranty rather than trying to upgrade yours unless the body is cracked/broke

You would be using a 47 front set on a 74 body, which should fit together, however a 74 wood set WILL NOT fit onto a 47 front set as the 74 is longer and will need quite a bit of cutting to make it fit.

For the body type, ask them if your 47 front end will fit on the 74 body they have in stock. It should do.

My issue with that body is that it seems to have side tags for the stock rather than the top bottom ones that I have seen on most standard 47's, so ask them what stock it will take.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...tal_Bodies.html scroll down and see what I mean about top/bottom tags on a 47 stock.

you really do need to ask them. I have trawled a lot of airsoft shops and can't find metal 47 receivers in stock, you may just be better off buying a metal AK and selling your 028 on for £100 as the extra £50 would get you a new gun and warranty rather than trying to upgrade yours unless the body is cracked/broke

Lucky for myself I have a AK-47 front wood kit. and a spare (plastic AK-47 body) but that is cracked.

I have sent them a email anyway.

Oh my.. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6971

I need 49 pounds.

Lucky for myself I have a AK-47 front wood kit. and a spare (plastic AK-47 body) but that is cracked.

I have sent them a email anyway.

Oh my.. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6971

I need 49 pounds.

A 74 body has a different pistol grip to the 47, but the overall dimensions should be the same for fitting the gearbox, etc. I did this to an RPK conversion that had a 47 plastic body and replaced it with a metal Element body off the 74. Everything fitted fine, although I did change the stock to the RPK style wood kit to make it look right.

Archived