KingArms M4A1

Samoolol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

after all the amazing help I've been given on my first general topic, I decided I'd get a little more precise regarding what exactly I need help with.

I've decided on a King Arms M4A1 as my first AEG (Once all the UKARA stuff is sorted) and have a few questions regarding mods that I'd like to make.

I'm not a fan of the stock M4A1 hand grips but the battery is housed there so I don't know if there's any way I can have a rail system? Would very much like to use a foregrip if possible but with that hand guard, seems impossible!

Any help Re that would be great!

Thanks guys,

Sam.

• Supporters

You can get a single rail and attach it to the holes in the standard hand guard, that way you can attach a grip at the front without having to worry about battery space.

Alternately, you could get whichever RIS/RAS will fit the King Arms M4 and then house the battery in it, if the space is large enough/your battery is small enough, or you could mount a PEQ box on the side that can house your battery.

Other options are changing the stock to either an M16 style one, or a crane stock and having the battery re-wired for mounting at the stock end, or the last resort option, getting some sort of battery holding bag to attach to either the outside of the gun somewhere, or on a sling.

• Supporters

I'd strongly recommend you get an equivalent G&P rifle instead if at all possible. King Arms reviews are as mixed as a mixed thing, my personal experience with the 2 KA AEGs I've purchased have been barely pushing in to the mediocre territory. Flimsy, plastic'y externals with fairly low quality internals.

R.e. the handguards, two main options:

1. Get magpul MOE handguards - They'll house an old-school battery and you can attach the MOE Vertical grip or bolt on sections of RIS wherever you like. Installation process is exactly the same as standard handguards.

2. Buy a railed handguard - You'll either need a fake PEQ/Laser/Light box to hold a NiMh/Li-Po or you can get a slim enough li-po to go inside.

Personally I'd recommend the Magpul handguards with a li-po then you've got the best of both words and your gun will look gucci as; plus it won't cost you that much overall either (compared to picking up a half decent metal handgaurd).

I'd strongly recommend you get an equivalent G&P rifle instead if at all possible. King Arms reviews are as mixed as a mixed thing, my personal experience with the 2 KA AEGs I've purchased have been barely pushing in to the mediocre territory. Flimsy, plastic'y externals with fairly low quality internals.

R.e. the handguards, two main options:

1. Get magpul MOE handguards - They'll house an old-school battery and you can attach the MOE Vertical grip or bolt on sections of RIS wherever you like. Installation process is exactly the same as standard handguards.

2. Buy a railed handguard - You'll either need a fake PEQ/Laser/Light box to hold a NiMh/Li-Po or you can get a slim enough li-po to go inside.

Personally I'd recommend the Magpul handguards with a li-po then you've got the best of both words and your gun will look gucci as; plus it won't cost you that much overall either (compared to picking up a half decent metal handgaurd).

Thanks for your input both. I see, didn't know that about the kingarms :( What G&P would you recommend instead bud? So many rifles out there I am truly lost :( Preferably one with a nice RIS system for me to get some optics and a foregrip on there!

Looking to spend about £180-£250 on the weapon itself so any suggestions? :) I like M4 style guns so that's a starting point.

Thanks in advance all,

Sam.

Thanks for your input both. I see, didn't know that about the kingarms :( What G&P would you recommend instead bud? So many rifles out there I am truly lost :( Preferably one with a nice RIS system for me to get some optics and a foregrip on there!

Looking to spend about £180-£250 on the weapon itself so any suggestions? :) I like M4 style guns so that's a starting point.

Thanks in advance all,

Sam.

This is going completely away from M4's but what do you think of the A&K Masada ACR? Love the style and it has some good optics mounting space. Plus the foldable stock would be great for CQB.

EDIT - Scratch that.. Only place that seems to sell it isn't in stock :(

Archived