G&G GR16 Outer Barrel

Janash37
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells a 16" outer barrel that will fit a G&G GR16?

My whole outer barrel assembly is one piece - the front sight is molded to the barrel :angry: and I want a replacement outer barrel that is 16" but which comes with the front sight attached as mine already is.

Can't seem to find one ANYWHERE, was wondering if anyone had any links?

Thanks

Don't know about an exact match but I replaced the crappy outer Barrel on mine with a one piece which had a removeable front Sight held on with Pins. I think most AEG M4 Barrels should fit especially Tokyo Marui or Classic Army etc.

When you say "16" Barrel" I assume you are looking for a full length M16 type??

BTW you are better off not using one with a molded on front Sight as it makes fitting RIS Handguards a pain in the @ss :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Morning,

Apologies for reviving a possible dead thread. But I thought it would be better than creating a new one. I have a similar gripe, I bought the G&G GR-15 short (CQB) and my front sight is also moulded to the outer barrel. What I was wondering is if you found a suitable replacement, I would like to have a barrel without the attached front sight, giving me the option to add pop up sights for a more HK416 appearence.

You can pick up used ones quite reasonably these days (less than £20 if you look around), pretty much any type except JG should fit as I have used TM and ICS ones on my own G & Gs.

Best bet is to watch the ads here or zeroin/Fleabay something always comes along (usually when I have no funds LOL).

Dead easy to swap but you might need a Peg Spanner or Armourer's Wrench to undo the Barrel Nut which can be tight. If you look on Youtube there are loads of tutorials on the subject :-)

Hey guys, I am still struggling to find one compatible. I am currently checking out barrels on Fire Support. Does the length make a difference i.e. the Inner Barrel length is 233mm, do I need to find one as close to that as possible or are they separate do you know?

I am not sure where to look for second hand ones, one seems to be for sale here at the minute, a 10" m4 outer barrel

Thanks again

TBH I don't think it really matters that much unless you are totally OCD like me LOL.

As long as the inner does poke out of the end of the outer you'll be sound (even that can be sorted using a Silencer), a slightly shorter inner can be centered inside the outer by adding a bit of electrical insulating tape near the end of the inner if required but this isn't usually a problem as they don't wiggle around much.

I have the standard length inners in my M4s and have Barrels from 10" - 16" fitted with no problems, the only issues with outers are:-

1) ensuring the fit at the Receiver is correct (most have TM type fitment with some slots and a small Pin

2) matching length to RIS if fitted (no point having a 10" outer barrel in a 12" RIS LOL)

3) ensuring compatibility of front Sights (if front Sight is held on with Pins OB should have matching detents or grooves)

4) ensuring there is a cutaway under OB if you have front wired Gun inorder to pass Battery Wires through.

5) check thread on end of Muzzle to ensure compibility with Silencers, Flash hiders etc (Clockwise/CW/+ve or Counter clockwise/CCW/-ve)

Sounds a lot to think about and I'm sure there are more things but it's simples and just a bit of common is required :-)

As far as I know it's the new G&G cheap option where the front site is part of the outer barrel itself. I basically want to just have outer barrel and put front site on my top rail. I have an inkling the 10" should be fine, and the barrel I have seen is a G&G TM one anyway so i will assume they have the same fitting. My 15 is also wired for crane stock batteries so I don't think there will be any issues, what part is the OB just to confirm?

I apologise for being a n00b but It's still something I am learning

OB = Outer Barrel mate just me being lazy and not typing it LOL

Sounds like you're pretty clued up and best way to learn is do a bit of tinkering yourself, just take notes or Photos to help you put it back together if you're not 100% confident.

I've been in to Airsoft since the 90's and only recently changed a Gearbox out of one Body/Receiver to another and I sh@t myself at the thought but it turned out to be simple.

That's great thanks again all. Can you just confirm the inner needs to slightly poke out of the outer?

Thing I will need to do then it measure the existing OB and RIS as it's a very short barrel and the thread is rather close to the end of the RIS.

Another thing I remember is there's another smaller silver pipe above the OB that sits just below the top RIS rail, what part is that?

I shall indeed look at videos at swapping barrels, I saw one or two this morning, but I shall re-watch to make sure

No mate the inner shouldn't poke out of the outer, it should be as close as possible to the length of the outer (ideally 1-2cm shorter).

If I'm reading you correctly the small Silver Pipe/Rod is the Gas Tube, it doesn't do anything in an AEG (Airsoft Electric Gun) and is just cosmetic but it can help to stop the Delta Ring and front Sight moving during use.

If you ever get a true "free Flaoting" RIS set up you would probably have to also buy a low profile Gas Block which holds the Tube in place when the front Triangle Sight is replaced/removed.

Archived