Battery

rjmcgough
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

today I built a battery pack out of cells.

But it did not work in my gun. My smart charger recognizes it however and turns green to indicate a full charge. Each cell also heats up slightly so i know all the cells are getting power.

Heres a rough diagram of what I did

post-4354-1335035889_thumb.jpg

today I built a battery pack out of cells.

But it did not work in my gun. My smart charger recognizes it however and turns green to indicate a full charge. Each cell also heats up slightly so i know all the cells are getting power.

Heres a rough diagram of what I did

From your diagram you've built a 7.2V pack. Depending on the mAh rate of each cell you may not have enough power to turn the motor. Have you checked with a voltmeter that you are actually getting power at the connecter?

From your diagram you've built a 7.2V pack. Depending on the mAh rate of each cell you may not have enough power to turn the motor. Have you checked with a voltmeter that you are actually getting power at the connecter?

The mah of each cell is 1500mah

The mah of each cell is 1500mah

Could be the voltage. Although I use 7.4V Lipos on some of my rifles, the one that has an 8.4V NihM will stop working when the voltage drops in the pack below about 8V. Try the same gun with a fully charged 8.4V pack. If it works then your home made pack isn't man enough for the job, therefore add an extra cell to it.

Archived