MTP - a "Geardo" Question

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Warrior (and tons of other brands) use the real fabrics and are far better built overall than FLYYE.  An airsoft-only chinese brand like that costing £400 retail is pure price gounging BS by someone in the supply chain, there's no reason at all for it to cost that much.  The WAS Recon PC is £130 new from UK Tac - there's not £270 worth of superior construction quality in anything from FLYYE

Oh I was just providing reasoning for why the Multicam version was so much more expensive than the solid colour variants of the same vest. By no means does that price they're asking justify the use of multicam because that is ridiculously over priced (almost double for some camo? I'd rather have two of the vests in different solid colours if I had to actually pay).

I'll never understand why the guy I got it off actually spent £400 on it in the first place, but I'm just happy to have trade an unwanted gun for it :D

But yeah I do agree with you that £400 is absurd just because they've used multicam.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

But yeah I do agree with you that £400 is absurd just because they've used multicam.

The funny part is, it's not even just that.  The solid colours on mil1st are £250 as you've probably seen, but they charge £150 more for the version that cost about £20 more (if that) to make.  That's insanity for Flyye gear, again you can go on tactical-kit and pick up a FirstSpear or Ferro PC for that money (250).

The reason people spend that is because they're not aware of the choice that's out there.  I know when I started out I had maybe 3-4 bookmarks for airsoft retailers, eventually found a couple that exclusively sold gear, took years before I found the places that sold the quality 'real' stuff.  If you're ever only looking at 1 or 2 shops (which I'll bet many new players do) you're going to see the super expensive kit and naturally assume it must be the dogs balls.  Why wouldn't it be for that price?

Too right CKinnerley. I think that explains it pretty well.

£200-£300 on eBay can get you all but the top tier PCs on the market. JPC's are £200.

Archived