Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rock-climby-Dave

Climbing competition

5 posts in this topic

I entered a climbing competition at newcastle climbing centre, just to see how well I would do - not expecting to do too well.

this was on the 3rd of august

When I checked the scores I was 1st in my category and 3rd overall - impressive to say the least

So when the competition finished yesterday and I checked the scores to find myself still in first place I was impressed (yay for prizes)

and then today http://www.newcastleclimbingcentre.co.uk/N...20live%20scores had been updated and I was down a place in my category-number 13 overall-!!! by 2 points!!!!! (that was due to a fall from top rope one move in which I was not sure counted - feet had barely left ground)

so yeah,RAJJHDGFKAHSDGFASGEGHFAGHDFASDFKASVGASDFASDF

sympathy welcome :D

(also, I did all my routes in 1 day, whilst on holiday, everyone else in the competition could go back day after day to improve their scores)

Unlucky man not bad seeing as you werent trying as hard as others :), what were the prizes?

i dont see why they would allow people to get higher scores, should be 1 chance to get it right :)

well the comp was open all month, and you could go back and do more routes, but not re-do the ones you had already topped, so you couldnt go back and re-do a route better than you did first time