AK side rail mount

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all just got a G&G RK99 great gun too,now thing about it is that it only has iron sights and I want to put a sight of sorts on it namely the side mounted rail, seen loads of these there not the problem the thing I'm looking for is the mount that the rail sits on bolts on the side of receiver looked on interweb but not come up with par tony the rails grrr.

Any help be great thanks

• Supporters

I know what you mean, Daz, but i'm fucked if i can remember where i last saw one. Unfortunately my googlefu has proved weak too, but i'll keep an eye out for you. Personally I've never understood how to attach them without having threaded holes tapped into a metal receiver and a wide 2 turn slim nut to tighten back against that, b/c there's no space inside for normal nuts and bolt ends with the gearbox and the selector/safety lever/gear.

I've oozed it found only the bloody scope mounts the G&G has 3 holes pre threaded in side so just gotta screw/ bolt on

A slight thread derailment but I may aswell ask as it's reasonably on topic- can these side rail mounts be fitted on AKs with under folding stocks? I'm contemplating finally buying an AK and wanted to make sure I could do what I wanted first. I'd rather not go all tacticool and have rails stuck all over the place but I still want to mount some optics. From the ones I've looked at online and in person it looks like the stock would get in the way of the mount when it's folded under the gun. Has anybody tried this at all?

I've been looking into these too, i take it if your ak has a plastic body with no rivets i'd need to drill some holes to bolt the thing on?

My RK 99 already has the holes and threads already there good old G&G , ust ope hole all line up

Yes you would have to drill a couple of holes and add a small nut to the inside to secure, if you do not already have holes.

Ronnyjodes, you need to look into the mounts which screw in just to the front of the magwell. From what I remember of my under folding stock AK, it does cover up the bit where the Ak side mount goes.

You are looking for one of these things:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milspec-AK-Series-AEG-Metal-20mm-Side-Scope-Mount-Base-/360209735741?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item53de2c603d

Archived